PDA

View Full Version : Access Violations, etc.

dfinagle
2008-12-07, 09:49
I am having a great many problems with Spybot and Tea Timer. The most recent is a recurring notice of AN IMPORTANT REGISTRY CHANGE. Category : System Startup Global Entry Change : Value added Entry: Bqucew.
New Data rundll32.exe "C:WINDOWS\I.vuyipere.dll",e It gives me the option of allowing the change or denying the change and it offers me info. I go to Info and am told that there is no info. I deny the change because I have no idea what any of this means. The notice goes away only to come back after 30 seconds or so. It does this repeatedly getting in the way of anything I am doing. I don't think I have yet had the guts to allow this change as it seems inevitable. This has been going on for about a week off and on.

Today I got some sort of cryptic message telling me something about "Tea Timer" and often Tea Timer is the last program running which keeps me from shutting down until I invoke my power user right to end a program through task manager to get rid of it so that I can shut down the machine. When I brought the machine back up I got a notice I have not gotten before, saying ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 0040B02B in module 'tea timer.exec' Read of Address 6F6C6E77. Of course I have no idea what any of that means, but it certainly sounds ominous. When I tried to close out of the error message another identical error message sprouted so that I had two. It never got up to more than two identical error messages but they do refuse to close out clanging at me any time I attempt to click on them or anything else on the screen. SO I rebooted by just depressing the off button long enough to kill the thing. I reboot and I am back to getting that same damned Bqucew Value added query that I am totally unable to fathom or address. It won't go away.

I'd like to just remove Spybot and then reinstall because I suspect that it somehow got irrepairably buggy but I am afraid to do it , especially since when I tried I got a message askin whether I really wanted to do something that rash and had I obvrogated my framus and gorped the pingle in area 51 of the Search and Destroy arsenal lavatory and had I exhausted all other possibilities. AVG Virus detection software, Adaware Malware Killer, and Max Registry Cleaner are not sharing any information with me on any of this crap and so I wonder if Spybot is just way too vigilant or is it drinking on the job. I don't know what to do as I am so ignorant in this area.

Any suggestions other than take the computer back to the store as you are too frigging stupid to own one?

Thanks, I hope.

Greyfox
2008-12-07, 13:54
A long post, sadly short on information.

What operating system?
What version of Spybot exactly?
What version of Teatimer?
What is the date of your last Spybot detection updates?
What Antivirus system?
What firewall?

At least these would provide a start.

I don't get any hits for a Google on I.vuyipere.dll, nor do I recognise it, so perhaps you can say whether you had installed any new software, or made any changes just prior to the Teatimer warnings being displayed.

If Spybot is not the latest version, I suggest you fully uninstall it.
see http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/56.html for details, and also use the "This very small fix" from the link on that page, then download the current version from one of the sites at http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html.

During the install, take carefull note of the options. Chose to NOT have Teatimer made active at this stage, and NOT to have the updates downloaded during the install. When it has installed, reboot the computer, then start spybot and download the updates from the search for updates button on the main Spybot screen. Once these have downloaded and installed, carry out a full scan. Fix any items shown in RED. Don't worry about any items that may be shown in Green. If there were any items in RED, then after the fix, exit Spybot and reboot. Run another scan to make sure there are no items left in RED.

I would also recommend you do a full antivirus scan, then post back your status along with the other information requested above.

dfinagle
2008-12-07, 17:35
AFTER THE UN-INSTALL during the installation of 16.0 following your instructions:

Components exist

Setup has detected that the following components are already installed on your computer:

Download Updates immediately
Deselecting these components will not uninstall them.
Would you like to continue anyway?

Yes or No.

Please advise.

dfinagle
2008-12-07, 18:17
Further, I realized that my other computer from which I am posting is out of date regarding Spybot Software, so I downloaded the new version of that to this computer as well. I have not as yet removed the out of date version or run the install for the new. Should I follow the same instructions on this one even though I have had no difficulties with Spybot on this one.

In case it is of any use. I am running Windows XP on both systems, AVG on both systems, have no firewall that I know of except for what must be native to an ethernet router. The current version of Spybot on this system is and on the system where it was removed was 1.5.2.20 and the last detection upload was 12-03-08. Because I couldn't find Tea Timer in any of the Program files I ran a search which revealed that I have both Teatimer 161 and 162 installed on this machine. Upon looking at the program files on the other machine I learned that although I had uninstalled Spybot from the Add/remove programs on the control panel, it was still there. I uninstalled from the listing in the Start Menu Program Files and I have turned off that computer as instructed, whereas I was not so instructed during the uninstall from the add/remove programs. I just powered up that computer from which I believed I had removed every vestige of Spybot and was greeted by that same Value Added Startup Global entry change alert from Spybot. Entry Bqucew. Clearly Spybot is still at it.' When I go to the startup menu I find entries for File Shredder and Update Spybot S&D, though the other entries are now gone.

I suspect because of that last Update Spybot S & D entry that I will still get the notice that I asked for advice on in the last panel though I do not know that for sure. Perhaps you could advise, with the additional information. Thanks.

dfinagle
2008-12-07, 18:20
No recently added software.