PDA

View Full Version : mysterious virus popping up

pepper1019
2008-12-08, 17:52
my window crashed before due to some virus, i thought i have them cleaned once i reinstalled window xp

after a couple of week of usage ever since the bootup, just minutes ago i got the bsod but i didn't got the change to identify the full code since it goes straight into reboot
however i think i did saw 0x7e is in there due to speedreading training that i had when i was kid.

so right now the problem that killed the pc last time is sorta popping back up again
most of the infected files are typically csrss.exe or rundll32.exe ecetra ecetra
and i noticed before the bsod the ram usage was high and the net speed was slow.
my !avast told me they are trojans
and !avast asked me to delete them and so i did
once i deleted these csrss.exe and typically "undercover" infected file,
my internet speed went faster and the ram reading from the "performance" section in the Windows Task Manager went back to "almost" normal instead of the High processing rate that it had earlier which did reached 80% and above.
right now it's reaching from 4% to 19% 30 % on idle in which i suspect there is still some of the infected file left in there somewhere since i only have programes that require low CPU usage rate running like Firefox or AIM and Vuze

i'll post my hijackthis log soon
can anyone help me identify what these symptoms are belongs to while i'm try to test my pc?
i will need some help since i do not fully know how to deal with these problems.