PDA

View Full Version : programs not installing..

frenchyinpaddyland
2008-12-08, 22:23
first I apologise if I am not posting in the right thread but I do not know what else to do ..
for the last week I am having quite a few problem
1)my game "air conflict gets an error 5 ".I uninstalled it and reinstalled ..still the same ...still the smae
2)when I want to open a download to install it it goes through the motion then I get the message same as theis one for instance for Air conflicts
"cannot execute :C\Users|French~1\AppData\local\Temp\RAR$EX00.860
\AirConflictsEngkishPatchv1.43.
or for example if I want to install Registry Patrol I get this message
set up cannot write to the destination file:C\Windows\system32\absolutHttp.dll.
If I want to unstall Winrar I get this message
Window cannot access the specified device,path or file.You may not have the appropriate permission to access them
I an using window vista home premuim and have the UAC turn off
can anybody help please
thank you very much

tashi
2008-12-08, 23:15
Hello frenchyinpaddyland,

2)when I want to open a download to install it it goes through the motion then I get the message same as theis one for instance for Air conflicts
"cannot execute :C\Users|French~1\AppData\local\Temp\RAR$EX00.860
\AirConflictsEngkishPatchv1.43.

Is that a patch to remove the protection on a game?

Best regards.

frenchyinpaddyland
2008-12-09, 11:02
hi,
thanks for getting back to me so fast.No it is not a patch to uninstall the game but to unstall and update it.and as I said i cannot run the game each time I click to open the game I get a runtime error 5.plus the other problem on installing winrar, registry patrol and so on
I do not what to do
thanks again for your help, quite appriciated
frenchyinpaddyland

tashi
2008-12-09, 18:10
Hi there,

Are you running as Administrator?

Also do you receive any specific error messages regarding the Windows installer.

Cheers.

frenchyinpaddyland
2008-12-09, 18:55
thanks for your answer.
yes I am running as the administrator ..nobody else use this PC but only me ..only one user account as for error message there one for each application which does not installe properly.here are some of them
for installing winrar I get:"window cannot access the specified device, path or file.you may not have permission to access them"
for Registry mechanic I get this one ;set up: unable to executefile:regsvr32.exe
.Create process failed. code 5. access id denied
If I want to run my game air conflict I get this one :
-Runtime error 5 .invalid procedure call or argument .
and son and so on
Have you an idea of what is going wrong
thanks

tashi
2008-12-09, 20:09
Hello frenchyinpaddyland,

As this site is mostly focused on Malware prevention and removal, please post in What The Tech's software trouble shooting forum so they can advise you towards resolving the problem. :)

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Other_software_f124.html

Hope that will help.

frenchyinpaddyland
2008-12-09, 20:59
hello,
thanks for that I will try and see
thanks again