PDA

View Full Version : Just a little problem

Inf0Byt3
2006-05-01, 14:00
Hello to all SpybotSD users and lovers. I decided to join this community because I really like Spybot. I first want to say that you are doing a great job. However, I found a little bug in Spybot and I'd like to report it here. The bug is in the update engine. For example sometimes when I search for updates and check the ones that I want to download, the download begins but at the last file it hangs and never finishes it. Then I must hit Alt+F4 to be able to close it, because 'Cancel' doesn't work either. I checked my Net connection and it works fine... Anybody experiences the same error?

Thanks.

Jim B
2006-05-01, 15:13
Have you tried using a different update server?

Inf0Byt3
2006-05-01, 15:53
Yes, i've tried with all of them and it happends randomly. I think it disconnects before finishing to download all the bytes of the file :confused: .

englishproper
2006-05-01, 16:23
Hi there,

I, too, have the problems you mention, particularly within the past six to eight months. I do not believe I ever had this problem until I downloaded the current version of Spybot. The only solution I have found (it usually works) is to refrain from checking all updates at once. Instead, I check one box at a time (sometimes two boxes) and download the updates piecemeal. I usually find that I can keep my computer from locking up when I employ this method.

Andrew

Inf0Byt3
2006-05-01, 20:23
Yes, you are right. Using it like this it works perfectly. Thanks for the help :bigthumb: .