PDA

View Full Version : Virtumonde through Facebook....2 questions?

thsekid
2008-12-10, 16:33
My wife uses AOL and luckily that picked up some virus that AVG didn't about two months ago. Then last week someone sent me a message of Facebook that looked very suspect (nice video with you in it...blah blah) I clicked anyways like a big dummy figuring either AVG or AOL would pick it up. WRONG.

Anyways everyone else who opened that link has had their computer totally inoperable and no internet for like3 days. I can still use my computer and have installed NOSCRIPT...which keeps the page from opening up (at least 95% of the time.....once in a while I do get a friend finder in your area type page open)

My questions are two:

1. Since NOSCRIPT doesn't allow the page to fully open....does that mean the file is quarantined?

2. If I don't remove the trojans/viruses/malware/etc will they slowly destroy my hard drive?

I didn't get to this site until AFTER I already ran fixes with spybot&adaware.

I'm also a bit confused from the threads I've already read......so if someone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

p.s. the following are some of the latest pagest that try to open

antivirus
avg.urlseek.vmn.net

thsekid
2008-12-10, 16:37
also it says that most files get fixed but spybot needs to restart to fix the rest.

Last time WILDTANGENT couldn't be fixed.

thsekid
2008-12-11, 03:56
anyone care to point me in the right direction