PDA

View Full Version : Question about Immunization

firebrddriver
2008-12-10, 22:45
I have spybot installed on my wifes laptop computer,,I always keep it up to date with the latest spybot d/l's,,I just noticed thou that when I immunize that nothing is "protected",,,all the totals are in the "unprotected" side. This has been like this since I insatlled spybot on her computer. I'm not good at computers so I don't know if anyone understands what I'm saying,,,says I have 71635 unprotected and 0 protected,,,can someone explain what the protected verus unprotected is,,,,thanks.

Vista,,spybot version 1.6.0.30

PS

Does this mean her computer is more at risk because of this???

Greyfox
2008-12-10, 22:57
firebrddriver,

Have you tried clicking on the green cross at the top of the screen with the word "Immunize" next to it. You need to do this after you download each Spybot update.

firebrddriver
2008-12-10, 23:10
No I just do it the same way I do it on our p.c.,,click on the immunize icon in the left pane.

firebrddriver
2008-12-10, 23:15
OK just clicked on the green cross,,everything is now in the protected column,,I always thought that all you had to do to immunize is to click on the immunize icon in the left pane????? Should I have to click on the green cross after every update???? I also did it on our p.c. and everything is now in the protected side,,I never knew you had to do that,,,,thanks

drragostea
2008-12-10, 23:58
The Immunize tab (Shield) merely shows you the status of the Immunization. The green cross (button) does all the action, Immunizing your system to maximum protection :laugh:.

firebrddriver
2008-12-11, 01:32
Wow,,I've been using spybot for a few yrs now and I never knew this,,thanks for the help.

drragostea
2008-12-11, 01:49
We're here to help :cowboy:. You're welcome.