PDA

View Full Version : How to minimize SpyBot once it's open?

LiquidOrgasm
2008-12-16, 08:20
Once I open SpyBot, if you hit the "x" it closes, how do i minimize it to the tray like it is when windows originally starts? I checked the faq and searched the forums...help please ! If you know the answer please e-mail it to me at ......I would REALLY appreciate it! :alien:

md usa spybot fan
2008-12-16, 09:19
LiquidOrgasm:

Just like any other window:
Click the minimize button (_) in the upper right hand corner of the window.
--- or ---
Right click on the title bar of the window and select "Minimize".
--- or ---
Right click on taskbar button and select "Minimize".

2008-12-16, 16:00
Once I open SpyBot, if you hit the "x" it closes, how do i minimize it to the tray...

you cannot.....Minimize spybot to the tray icon. That tray icon from spybot is the resident teatimer. However, you can minimize spybot like spybot fan suggested, but you can not minimize the entire program to the tray icon. Hope that helps you. :)

Also, for security reasons, NEVER post your email address online unless log in requires it. Thats what the forums are for in the first place.

LiquidOrgasm
2008-12-16, 23:58
I tried everything

Just like any other window:
* Click the minimize button (_) in the upper right hand corner of the window.
--- or ---
* Right click on the title bar of the window and select "Minimize".
--- or ---
* Right click on taskbar button and select "Minimize".

when I right click on the taskbar button Minimize is in grey, cannot use, and when I use the minimize button on the top right of spybot it stays in my taskbar, same with doing it the title bar way...any ideas??

drragostea
2008-12-17, 00:30
You would minimize (hide it from focus) just like any other program. The taskbar is the place where the clock and the other program icons are. Spybot-Search&Destroy cannot minimize itself to the taskbar (become a icon and the program tab disappears).

The only reason that the "Minimize" option is grayed out is because the program window is already minimized.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z276/Shockwavesn1per/Mini.jpg
-

2008-12-17, 04:08
did you read my post at all? Also drragostea is just as accurate. :)

LiquidOrgasm
2008-12-17, 04:57
Thank you for your replies! But you think SpyBot would have a feature to minimize the icon down to the taskbar ? Why can't SpyBot minimize itself to the taskbar? This would be a great feature! :)

2008-12-17, 05:02
in the official suggestion thread located here (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=267930#post267930).