PDA

View Full Version : Error caused by PepiMK Software

polikoff
2005-11-17, 00:15
Can you help me with this problem. It happens when I click on the Help icon in Spybot. I causes Spybot and its windows to exit. I want to read the tutorial but it keeps crashing.
Thanks,
Arnie
=====================================
Error caused by PepiMK Software: No specific solution found

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem and determined that an unknown error occurred in Spybot - Search & Destroy. This software was created by PepiMK Software.

Solution

Microsoft has researched this problem with PepiMK Software, and they do not currently have a solution for the problem that you reported. Below is a list of recommendations to take that may help prevent the problem from recurring.

* Contact PepiMK Software for support or product updates.

Additional information

If this problem continues to occur with the latest product updates for Spybot - Search & Destroy, we recommend you obtain assistance and troubleshooting information directly from PepiMK Software.

Additional Help and Troubleshooting

To learn more about troubleshooting common errors, go to Microsoft Online Crash Analysis: Help, Support, and Tools.

Microsoft is interested in your opinions about Windows Error Reporting so that we can continue to serve you better. Please take a few minutes to complete the following anonymous survey.
GoTake Survey

© 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Terms of use | Accessibility | Privacy Statement

bitman
2005-11-17, 04:53
The response from Microsoft is generic and useless, it's a boilerplate response and has no real meaning.

I suspect you might have a problem with your Windows Help subsystem. Try to open the Spybot S&D Help by browsing to the following path and directly double clicking the file.

C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Help\English.chm

The file will be named differently if you use a different language, usually 'Language.chm'.

If it opens you can click the Tutorial item (3rd in the list) to open that. Let us know if this works or doesn't so we can look for what might be causing the error.

spybotsandra
2005-11-17, 10:29
Hello,

Please exclude Spybot - Search & Destroy from the "Data Execution Protection" in your Windows.
Or download the new version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. This should solve the problem.
You will find links to several download locations on our website.
These mirrors are partners who provide servers to host Spybot-S&D for us.
You can download from one of them, it's secure:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Or choose the direct installation file:
http://spybot.zone-x.com/spybotsd14.exe
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.4.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

PepiMK
2005-11-17, 11:00
An analyst at Microsoft has investigated this problem
Microsoft has researched this problem with PepiMK Software, and they do not...

They're so funny. Making the impression like someone really dealt with this problem. We're no longer named PepiMK Software, but Safer Networking Limited, for more than a year.
We've been never contacted for research of this by Microsoft.