PDA

View Full Version : CiD pop ups

csubhojit
2008-12-17, 18:33
Hi,

While trying to run a avi file I installed divocodec.exe I realisez my mistake and immediately removed it from add remove programs but to no avail. I keep getting pop ups and some of them being CiD pop ups. I viewed some of the threads in this forum and downloaded NoLop.exe and ran it. It got an infection and then rebooted the machine. But the pop ups still continue. I then downloaded HJT and ran the Do a system scan only. I am attaching both the logs with this post.

Since I ran NoLop again after reboot, it did not find any infection and hence did not reboot again. I am attaching this log file which was generated.

Please help me.

Blade81
2008-12-23, 12:47
Hi

IMPORTANT I notice there are signs of one or more P2P (Peer to Peer) File Sharing Programs on your computer.

BitTorrent DNA

I'd like you to read the this thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=282).

Please go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the programs listed above (in red).

Delete these folders afterwards:

C:\Program Files\DNA
C:\Documents and Settings\Subhojit Chatterjee\Application Data\Bittorrent

Empty Recycle Bin.

After that:

Generate an Uninstall List

* Open HijackThis
* Click on Open Misc Tools Section
* Click on Open Uninstall Manager
* Click on Save list
* Save it to your Desktop
* Post it on your next reply. Post also a fresh hjt log. Please post both without using attachments.

Blade81
2008-12-29, 17:51
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.