PDA

View Full Version : Evil Nasty Virus/Malware/Trojan Infection, need help if possible

emayfield182
2008-12-19, 03:07
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I read the top sticky so I hope I'm following all protocol for posting. Anyways recently my cousin visited mine and my girlfriend's condo. He is quite a bit younger than myself and enjoys surfing the sites like myspace and other such associated type sites. Anyways after he left we have some kind of mal-intentioned software running on one of our PCs. It makes windows pop up to try and sell us antiviral software. I am aware of such tactics and will not pay for this software, but trying to remove this infection has been a hassle. I installed Adaware and it does nothing, scanned with virus scanner and it does nothing. I tried going into safe mode and doing this and all that software does it crash now. Upon rebooting the whole system doesn't really do anything when you try to open programs everythign just kind of sits there. I assumed I might need to do a Boot CD virus remover, but I have Windows Vista on the only other machine in the house and all of the programs such as Bart PE require a windows xp CD and the other computer just has a system restore disc so I'm really lost as to the best way to combat this puppy. If anyone could best advise me please do so I would be so delightfully in your gratitude.

Thanks,

Eric

Shaba
2008-12-24, 12:44
Hello emayfield182

Please see this (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) next

Please follow the instructions in the above thread and then start a fresh topic with the logs required.

Regards.