PDA

View Full Version : Repests Fixed problems

balado
2008-12-19, 03:31
Hi, I am using windows vista home premiun 250gb hard disc 3gb ram.and sp2.
Computer Dell 531s
Last version of Spybot.
My problem is that after several scans it always repeats same fixed problems ,that never are fixed.The problems that always repeat are tracking cookies .
1--Double Click.
3--Media Plex
2--Trade Doubler
2--Zedo.
How can I fix this problem?
Thanks.

drragostea
2008-12-19, 04:03
These are not even threats, merely tracking cookies. Thing is that you'll pick it up everytime you use the Internet and browse. Cookies pose no harm, because they are just small data files that are used to keep track of login information. You can always instruct Spybot to ignore it in future scans so it won't come up again. Just right-click the entry and click "Ignore Product in Future Scans".

Matt
2008-12-19, 13:24
Hi, I am using windows vista home premiun 250gb hard disc 3gb ram.and sp2.
Computer Dell 531s
Last version of Spybot.
My problem is that after several scans it always repeats same fixed problems ,that never are fixed.The problems that always repeat are tracking cookies .
1--Double Click.
3--Media Plex
2--Trade Doubler
2--Zedo.
How can I fix this problem?
Thanks.

You can fix this problem

1) by installing SpywareBlaster 4.1
http://www.filehippo.com/download_spywareblaster/

Update SpywareBlaster and enable all protection!

2) Close IE & Firefox

3) open Spybot and do this:
a) activating advanced mode
b) go to tools -> resident -> activate "Resident SD Helper"
c) check if you have all updates & immunize
d) run a spyware-scan and fix it with spybot

Do theese three steps. Now there shouldn't be any tracking cookies as far as I know. I did it this way and I have no problems with tracking cookies. :) ;)

balado
2008-12-19, 14:58
These are not even threats, merely tracking cookies. Thing is that you'll pick it up everytime you use the Internet and browse. Cookies pose no harm, because they are just small data files that are used to keep track of login information. You can always instruct Spybot to ignore it in future scans so it won't come up again. Just right-click the entry and click "Ignore Product in Future Scans".
I would like it better if Spybot after the scanning, would said :CONGRATULATIONS!! no threats were found. Anyway I will do that, make it to ignore it.
Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2008-12-19, 15:25
balado:

Spybot's immunization process should block any tracking cookies that Spybot detects during a scan, so if you immunized you should no longer be detecting those tracking cookies during the scan. Your browser(s) also have settings to block all third party cookies (tracking cookies). See the following FAQ:
Why do other anti-spyware applications detect so many more tracking cookies?
http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=faq&detail=37