PDA

View Full Version : csrss.exe trojan removed (?) and still problem

abushua
2008-12-19, 06:13
Today, I became infected with a trojan called csrss.exe. Anyway, it was idenified as a trojan. Also...this kept popping back into the registry..."Jnskdfmf9eldfd". It would show up after it was removed...and in the processes.......(I didn't write this one down)...a jumbled mess of letters of about the same length as the other..only beginning with ysp..... or something. I searched around Google and found a site that said to use MBAM. It wouldn't install. So, I downloaded it to a usb drive....renamed it....and installed. It wouldn't let me update... Anyway...it kept finding the csrss.exe trojan...would get rid of it and it would come back. It would mention that it got rid of some of the problems and would run on the next reboot. I would reboot and nothing happened...only windows loaded with the trojan still. I tried spybot.....wouldn't load. Finally I was able to download and install a new Spybot search and destroy. It found several instances of malware....had to run after reboot... It did the same...only after the reboot, it did run....and found nothing. I ran it again after windows booted and it found nothing. But herein lies the problem. Now....whenever I go to a website....there is a long delay....in the status bar it says "looking up such and such.com" ....for a long time. Sometimes as long as five minutes. It didn't do that before the problem. Can you help
Thanks. By the way....amd processor with windows XP service pack 3

Shaba
2008-12-24, 12:45
Hello abushua

Please see this (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) next

Please follow the instructions in the above thread and then start a fresh topic with the logs required.

Regards.