PDA

View Full Version : Can't Log in as Administrator

boedeker
2008-12-21, 21:15
I am not able to launch spybot.com in administrator mode (its my work thinkpad, I think the IT folks at work have blocked admin access), and therefore even though I immunize with the latest updates each week I continue to get spyware installed on my system. Is there anyway I can get around this? I'm running XP professional SP2, spybot version 1.6.0.31

drragostea
2008-12-22, 06:58
Your topic title and your query is very confusing.
I do not understand what you are trying to say when you wanted to access Spybot's homepage (SaferNetworking) as Administer. Is there any advantages visiting the site as Administer and Limited Account :laugh:?

The Immunization feature is used to add malicious sites to the Windows HOSTS file, so it prevents you from accidentally visiting that site (and possibly getting infected). What spyware are you talking about? Does Spybot-Search&Destroy detect anything (in red)?

Is there anyway I can get around this?
Get around what?

boedeker
2008-12-31, 04:48
I thought this was clear....

When you run immunization you are supposed to do so in administrator mode. I am unable to do so as the corporate IT czars have blocked anyone from using adminstrator mode (exept for their own majestic selves). I do immunize each week but spybots such as DoubleClick, FastClick and HitBox keep reappearing.

Is there anyway I can immunize without being in administrator mode to keep these pesky spybots from reloading?

I'm running XP professional SP2, spybot version 1.6.0.31

drragostea
2008-12-31, 07:08
I don't there there is any other way to get around this. You'll have to consult the administrator to Immunize this. Is this for private use (one PC only) or is Spybot installed on all your office workstations?