PDA

View Full Version : Install Ok, but will not start

tteveris
2008-12-22, 22:13
Infected computer

Down loaded SB 1.6. Had to install w/o updates as I was getting the updater could not be gotten 404 error. Completed install but now when I try to start the "wait icon" appears for a little while and then nothing.

Checked the TaskManager and it is not executing.

Is this because I have not downloaded the rules file ?

Also, whatever virus/malware I have (antivirus 2009 and spyware guard 2008) it does not want me to get to your site. I'm constantly being redirected.

Any help is appreciated.

tteveris
2008-12-23, 04:58
After reading more I downloaded Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

on a different computer, copied it via a stick to the invected computer. File was mbam-setup.exe. When I go to install I get nothing, taskMan shows it running for awhile but then goes away. Spybot resident runs (or seems to be running) but SpyBot itself does not, does the same thing, executes (no windows) then exits (from what I see in the TaskMan)

Spybot does the same thing in safe mode, starts (no window) then exits per taskman viewing.

I can run the infected system but winscenter.exe or spywareguard.exe continue to pop up and I keep killing them real quick.

From the infected computer I can not even get into the SpyBot forums it will not except my login.

I also tried SuperAntiSpyware.exe but it just GPFs on install.

So where do I turn ?

Thanks in advance