PDA

View Full Version : Web Searches Redirected

pakuiberries
2008-12-23, 02:29
Hi,
The problem that I've been having is that my search results are all being redirected to bogus websites. I completely disconnected it from the internet and am using my other computer to post this. I got another virus at the same time as this that mimicked a windows alert to trick me into installing 'Perfect Defender 2009,' but luckily I thought to look it up on my unaffected computer, found out it was a hoax, and didn't install it. I believe that I deleted the files that were causing that problem, but the search result redirection is still going on.
I took my computer into a local repair shop but they returned it to me today because they didn't know how to get rid of the virus. I'm really hoping that someone can help me with this problem. I really appreciate the time that you put into helping people like me and I want to thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
~Kate

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:04:51 PM, on 12/22/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\Antivirus\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\OcHealthMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\Firewall\msfwsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\winss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\winssnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\Intelinet\intelin2.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Kate\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneCareUI] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\winssnotify.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Intelinet] C:\Program Files\Intelinet\Intelinet.exe
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (ACS) - Atheros - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: IntelinetSecure - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intelinet\intelin2.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 1732 bytes

Blade81
2008-12-28, 15:35
Hi Kate

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here (http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/sUBs/dds) or here (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr) or here (http://www.forospyware.com/sUBs/dds).
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

Blade81
2009-01-03, 12:02
Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.