PDA

View Full Version : Spybot freeze during scan

Uthavin
2008-12-23, 19:45
Hi there

Recently my spybot will freeze whenever i try to scan my computer.
It never happens before i update to 1.6.0 version. But now when I start to scan,
the spybot window just show nothing(just blank) instead of the status bar & text,
and i have to kill the process through task manager to stop it from using all CPU loading.

I tried all suggestions that FAQ mention and it doesn't work.

- download newest version and install (uninstall -> reboot ->install the newest one)
- update it
- delete all content my Windows' temp folder
- 'Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks' disabled.

and, my Windows restore point function is disabled.

Can anyone help me ?

==
Here is my PC spec

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
RAM : 2GB

spybotsandra
2008-12-29, 14:29
Hello,

At which point does it freee exactly?
Do you have other programs on the run during the scan with Spybot?
Do you have your browser closed?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Uthavin
2008-12-31, 11:15
Hi, thanks for the reply

I am not an English speaker,pardon me for my bad English. :)

<1> After I reinstall the newest Version & update. The program will freeze right after i press the scan button. As I posted, no status bar & text showing up. After 1~2 hours, it still the same.
(BTW, teatimer.exe are the same too, use all CPU loading and doesn't show up in my window XP tool bar)

But after few times Scan & Freeze , Spybot window never show up when I execute it (Just like teatimer.exe, use all CPU resource and show nothing, even the spybot window doesn't open)

<2> It freeze even if i reboot my PC into Safe Mode(only execute spybot after reboot), so maybe not conflict with other programs. But here are the list of my start up programs. Hope it helps.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1149/clipboard1ji5.jpg

<3> Yes.