PDA

View Full Version : E2GIVE / iebhos.dll

GTanaka
2006-05-05, 01:24
Well, my dearest mother seems to have been active utilizing my computer in the time that I was in the Bahamas, and during that period she contracted a nasty little spyware identified as E2GIVE. What this little beast does is force open popups with ads everytime you open Internet Explorer and occasionally create the "FREE IPOD NANO!!" type of link-advertisement on my desktop.

I have used Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Spyware Doctor, all of which identify a total of 85 objects, which, once removed, simply reappear in a matter of moments. I am able to go into C:/Program Files/ and delete the E2G folder with iehbhos.dll, but it simply reappears just as fast. I did replace it with a null file to see if it would have any effect, but none whatsoever. The dll must itself be pretty much useless to the running of the spyware in the first place.

I have cleared my Temp and Temporary Internet Files folders multiple times, along with deleting the registry keys by hand and by spyware remover, and nothing can keep this little bugger away!

Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you for any assistance.

P.S. Yes, I have read the former topic, tried the fix give. No effect.

CalamityJane
2006-05-07, 00:12
Hi GTanaka,

Welcome to the Forum :)

Can you go to step 3 on this page:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

and follow the directions to produce a HijackThis log. Post it back here in your topic please? I'll be happy to help you with this problem

tashi
2006-05-11, 09:12
This topic is closed due to lack of a response.
If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.
Applies only to the original topic starter.