PDA

View Full Version : Can't Access Administrator Account Anymore

revedroom
2008-12-25, 13:54
Hello,

First of all I'd like to ask for all of you to be patient with me, for I am not that much of an expert...

Last night, for the first time, SpyBot asked me if I'd like to Grant or Deny Access to a process called "WinLogon.exe". As I was in a different network (spending christmas with my family in the countryside, so I'm using the hotel cable internet) I thought it might be something...malicious, so I DENIED the access. That was my mistake, I think...because when I restarted my computer I didn't have access to the administrator account anymore! It just denies access everytime...

Lucky for me, I had created an account for myself with administrator-access as well, so I can still install everything and use the control panel. But it really bugs me because my files (music, text, photos) were there in that other account and now I can't get to them anymore.

I've tried to whitelist the process just as instructed by SD, problem is, the process isn't listed at all. It does appear in one of Resident log files though.

I'm really lost here. Can anyone please shed a light?

Thanks!

md usa spybot fan
2008-12-28, 12:12
revedroom:

I'm not sure I can help, but if you posted the portion of the Resident.log that shows the change you denied so there are more details, possibly someone could.
There are several ways (4 listed below) to access the TeaTimer's Resident.log file:
Right click on the TeaTimer (Spybot-SD Resident) system tray icon and select Show Log.
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Select the Resident.log file and open it.
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the Resident.log file located in one of the following directories:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Double click on Resident.log file and it should open with Notepad.
To copy information from the log into a post in the forum:
Copy the information into the Clipboard:
Highlight the portion of the log that you want to copy.
Right click and select Copy.
Paste (Ctrl+V) the information from the Clipboard to a new post in this thread.