PDA

View Full Version : Updates

coolperson987
2008-12-26, 05:28
I think spybot would be more efficient and keep up to speed with other spyware programs if it would update daily. Also, i think if spybot also detected viruses it would be very good protection.:santa:

Why doesn't spybot update daily or detect viruses?

spybotsandra
2008-12-29, 14:51
Hello,

That's simple.
Viruses are a complete different sector.
And another point is that Spybot - Search & Destroy is freeware and does not have the possibility of a huge staff that creates updates daily.
Developing Spybot - Search & Destroy has grown a full-time job for us over the past years.
We have to add new detections and answer hundreds of e-mails every day, and at the same time continue to improve and quality-test the software.

We firmly believe that software for private use should be free, and have no intention to change this product into a crippled or commercial version in the future.

Of course all the infrastructure we use causes costs, and we've got to live on something to continue this work, but at the same time we believe in free software.
So we give you the freedom to decide if and how much it is worth to you.

So, if you can spare a few bucks, please donate to our cause. This is purely voluntary though - if you do not donate, you won't get less support from us.
This money will only be used to cover the costs of Spybot - Search & Destroy hosting and development. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

coolperson987
2008-12-30, 18:34
I was just asking because there are other free products out there that detect viruses along with spyware.... so i was just asking why spybot didn't.

Thanks for the information and for making Spybot FREE!!:cool:

Keep up the good work.