PDA

View Full Version : SpyHunter A Virus?

FPSFan
2008-12-26, 06:49
:oops:I noticed when I scanned with this program, that is detected Enigma Software's SpyHunter as spyware.

Is this true?

If so, why is it a virus?

PepiMK
2008-12-27, 00:13
Virus does not equal spyware. Spyware means that data, possibly personal data, is transmitted without your knowledge/consent. Did you read 2.7 of the Terms of License displayed during installation? It's only the latest, but currently most important in a row of missteps that started with illegal advertisement in 2004.

It (the ToS) does not equal the ones on their website btw; our legal letters seem to have forced them to start getting their backyard a bit clearer, so the one on the website looks somewhat, though not completely, nicer already. Now if they behaved like a civilized company, they could even get respected, but since they showed utter disrespect for industry standards on such conflicts, I'm not too sure they even want to solve this. Only time and more stuff will solve or not solve that.

FPSFan
2008-12-27, 01:48
So, their program is not virus, but their standards don't meet up with what they should be?

drragostea
2008-12-27, 05:15
Yeah, you can say that in a way. Er, it tends to use aggressive and somewhat deception marketing techniques to get profit. :fear:

FPSFan
2008-12-27, 05:35
Well, I thank this program for getting rid of fragments. I uninstalled SpyHunter a while back.

Thanks for the info.