PDA

View Full Version : help with strange bahavior

Swiso
2006-05-05, 14:33
Hello !

Its a week or so that i have a problem on my PC ( windows 98Se ).
When windows is loaded and the PC ready to be used , the mouse pointer go in many directions , mainly to the lower and left side of the screen , then open the taskbar proprierties , then go on the upper right side of the screen ,it seem as if the right button of the mouse is always pressed so to open evreything you select... basically it make so difficult to open programs...
I have a Switch to use my monitor , keyboard and mouse on both my PC's and on the other PC everything is fine !
I scanned my whole PC with Norton 2005 ( even in safe mode ) and he found nothing.
With Spybot S&D 1.4 i made several scans and once he found a red labeled thing called "Alexa"....i successfuly removed him , made another scan and was clean , but then again the same problem was there...i tryed in safe mode and i have found nothing...
When i select Immunize i see a message telling me that i should immunize my system , so , i press the immunize button and at the end i see a message that tell me everything is immunized.
At this point if i try again to check the immunization i see that there's 6 items that need to be immunized , so i press again the immunize button and then i see the message that everything is immunized....
But if i press again the check button , the 6 items are still non - immunized....

Anyone has had the same problem ?
Any idea what could cause this ?
I hope someone can help me !
Thanks !
best regards
Swiso

LonnyRJones
2006-05-09, 05:11
Hi

Try switching the wires on your KVM to see if the other pc has the same mouse or pointer problems.

Post a HijackThis 1.99.1 log
First Make a new folder, example C:\AntiSpyWare
and download/Save HijackThis, to that new folder.
This is necessary to ensure you have backups should anything go wrong
http://www.merijn.org/files/HijackThis.exe
Double click HijackThis.exe, Hit None of the above, just start the program.
Hit Scan When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Press that, save the log somewhere, and please show us its contents.
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Swiso
2006-05-10, 14:18
Hello and Thanks for the support !

I switched the cables on my PC's but the problem remained on the same PC.

Here is the HijackThis.log :

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 14:06:20, on 10.05.06
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCSETMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCEVTMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\IWP\NPFMNTOR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PDESK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\IRIVER\IHP100\IHPDETECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\CY_BG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HP\HP SOFTWARE UPDATE\HPWUSCHD2.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCPD-LC\SYMLCSVC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\CCAPP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\CFGWIZ.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\LOGITECH\MOUSEWARE\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OSA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\FINDFAST.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HP\DIGITAL IMAGING\BIN\HPQTRA08.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\SYMANTEC SHARED\SNDSRVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HP\DIGITAL IMAGING\BIN\HPQSTE08.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC\LIVEUPDATE\LUALL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYMANTEC\LIVEUPDATE\LUCOMSERVER_2_5.EXE
C:\ANTYSPYWARE\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1040,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Matrox Powerdesk] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PDesk.exe /Autolaunch
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mdac_runonce] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\runonce.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iHP-100] C:\PROGRAM FILES\IRIVER\IHP100\IHPDETECT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CY_BG] C:\WINDOWS\CY_BG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ICSDCLT] C:\WINDOWS\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\icsdclt.dll,ICSClient
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Utility] LOGI_MWX.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec Core LC] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] "C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\CfgWiz.exe" /GUID {0D7956A2-5A08-4ec2-A72C-DF8495A66016} /MODE CfgWiz /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LicCtrl] rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\MMFS.DLL,Service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ccSetMgr] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ccEvtMgr] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [NPFMonitor] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [ScriptBlocking] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Script Blocking\SBServ.exe" -reg
O4 - Startup: Avvio Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O4 - Startup: Ricerca rapida.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Installer\{30C19FF2-7FBA-4d09-B9DE-1659977F64F6}\NewShortcut1.A6CC6977_F7B4_4C0B_9510_BCD847D4BDB2.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Pro - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} - C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} - C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJAVA.DLL
O12 - Plugin for .pdf: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0_01) -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime Environment 1.4.0_03) -

Anything wrong ?
Thanks !
Regards
Swiso

LonnyRJones
2006-05-10, 15:00
I assume you've tried adjusting the mouse settings via control panel. if not change them around a bit.

I don't see any malware, another opinion would be a good idea especially since Norton is your av.

Panda ActiveScan-Free online scanner,
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm
Do a full scan > Click the my computer button
After the scan click see report then Save the report and post it back here please.
Kaspersky Lab - Free Online scan:
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
Click scan settings and place a check next to use [x]extended this database etc etc. Click ok.
Then choose: my computer: scan all your hard drives and mapped disks.
when finished click save as text and post that in your reply.

Swiso
2006-05-10, 15:23
The problem with online virus scan is that when i should download the file for beginning the scan ,i receive an error ( on every site i visited for online scan ) that say there was an error downloading ActiveX controls....so i can't !

I change the settings on IE to allow the download of ActiveX controls , press apply button ,the i exit the control panel , but when i check again if the settings are the same as i have selected , the settings are the same as BEFORE i changed them....
As if there is "something" that won't let me change this controls...
And if i cannot change this control , i cannot make an online virus scan...

LonnyRJones
2006-05-10, 18:08
Perhaps norton has something to do with it..

Try this, vist the online site and add it to the trusted zone, go away from the site then back again.

also on a side note Your sun java appears quite outdated

tashi
2006-05-16, 05:31
This topic is closed.
If you need it re-opened please send me a pm and provide a link to the thread.
Applies only to the original topic starter.

Thank you Lonny.