PDA

View Full Version : Is Kaspersky any good ?

dic penderyn
2008-12-30, 12:46
Hello to you all, I recently bought an anti virus disc for Kaspersky, I would like to know if anyone else here has had any issues with this product. I had some initial problem installing the anti virus, when it did finally install, the first scan took about 6 hours, and found nothing. The following scans simply froze each time on about 22% of the scan. I uninstalled the anti virus, and ran AVG, along with SPYBOT, each came up with issues, trojans etc. So after cleaning up my PC and Not wanting to waste my £17, i thought I'd give Kaspersky another go. Exactly the same problem as before, so frustrating, not even allowing me to close down my PC ! :eek:
I'm not looking for any problem solving here, just getting something off my chest, thanks for listening.:sad:
I would be interested if anyone else had similar problems.

drragostea
2008-12-31, 05:42
Kaspersky is pretty well known for it's detection rates and prevention, but it's aggressive act to eliminate competition [to me] degrades their reputation.

Were you running two anti-virus programs when Kaspersky was installed? IS there any possible programs that could be interfering and causing the problems?

For me, running a full anti-virus scan would be during a time of the day where there is minimal computer activity. I really can't make any conclusions on what may be causing the lockups just basing it on this post.

sommerrainstorm
2009-01-03, 23:48
I just joined and don't have time to delve into this site tonight, but still wanted to say that Windows Live Care anti virus is bad news. I'd used the trial version for only a couple of weeks. My pc was acting slow so I uninstalled it and got another antivirus called Antivir. The antivir immediately discovered trojans on my computer that Windows Care had let through. 5 of them to be exact. I could forgive 1 miss, but 5?

drragostea
2009-01-03, 23:59
Really funny, cause when you attempt to run LiveCare in SafeMode to scan, it just can't. :laugh:

And you can't install it without an Internet Connection, even for a Trial. Microsoft is pretty much paranoid sometimes, IMO.

ashrc4
2009-01-04, 01:04
[QUOTE=drragostea;273149][FONT="Tahoma"]Kaspersky is pretty well known for it's detection rates and prevention, but it's aggressive act to eliminate competition [to me] degrades their reputation.

if you check kaspersky detection rates over the last couple of days it would appear they have all gone on holidays.:santa::oops:

http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Stats.VirusWeeklyStats

spybotsandra
2009-01-05, 15:06
Hello,

Please have a look here (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/articles/foursecuritycolumns.html).

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot