PDA

View Full Version : Strange messages point to infections?

fragzilla
2008-12-30, 23:19
Hi all,
I'm a bit of a newbie to pc's but have so far remained virus free and speedy through my short pc life.

However, this seems to have been shattered recently. I done a few upgrades on IE and also installed sp3 on my XP.

I've started to get weird messages all the time....and I mean all the time. I have winpatrol sending me messages saying scotty has detected a new task added to task scheduler and it will be something like AT12. So I deny it, and it instantly pops up with same message AT13, then AT15, AT17, and it just doesnt stop!! Every time I close the window it pops up again with a different number. The process is listed as mshta.exe.

If I then pull up the windows task manager (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) I find that mshta.exe is a process that is running around 12700k, but as many as 25 entries at any one time.

I have run spybot which found and destroyed trojans. I've used AVG which said the system was ok, I ran Ewido which said it was ok, and lavasoft which found and removed malware too.

However, as soon as I restart the pc, within a few moments the pop ups and problems begin.

I believe that I must have a deep routed trojan/virus, but can anyone please help me understand how to get rid of it. I am new, so please as reasonably simplistically as possible.

All your help and ideas will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks,

Frags

tashi
2008-12-31, 04:04
Hi there,

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log, this one has been closed as helpers look for threads without a response.

Best regards.