PDA

View Full Version : fake virus alert and system volume info

Ishiro
2009-01-02, 20:39
when i go online with firefox (only use firefox, never explorer) i often get an avg message saying warning! fake virus alert. i check move to vault, but the fake virus alert keeps on coming back. what it does is have this popup come up saying antivirus 2009! alert protect your computer from spyware and stuff! click here (recommended). i thought it looked legitimate so i clicked "download". i realized my mistake like halfway through... turned my computer off but i don't know if it stopped. :oops: so anyway, like 3 weeks later, here i am. that popup still comes up and even when i press cancel or x out the download window comes up. Help!

second- system volume information. this has been coming up often. by reccomendation, i turned off and back on system restore. i hope it works, but will keep this thread updated.
so how do i get rid of the first 1, and possibly the second? thanks!:laugh:

tashi
2009-01-03, 07:21
Hello,

by reccomendation, i turned off and back on system restore.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Preliminary Notes:

Please do NOT turn off System Restore trying to remove an infection. Doing so would only serve to destroy a known restore point (not good) and won't remove the malware. Let your helper advise you as to when a System Restore flush is called for.

;)

Start a new topic providing the HJT log, this one has been closed as helpers look for threads without a response.

Regards. :)