PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth stack

barman
2009-01-05, 05:08
G'day,
I have a problem, apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but I have accidently denied a bluetooth stack service. The log file reads - 1/5/2009 1:46:47 PM Encountered and terminated Maxadult in C:\PROGRA~1\WIDCOMM\BLUETO~1\BTSTAC~1.EXE!
The Maxadult part threw me and I just clicked deny, now I'm getting windows popups with the following msgs - My Bluetooth Places could not connect to the Bluetooth stack COM server (BtStackServer.exe). ERROR: Unable to start the Bluetooth stack service.
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers Brett.

drragostea
2009-01-05, 05:42
BarMan, have you ticked "Remember My Decision" during the prompt?

barman
2009-01-05, 06:59
Hi drragostea,
No I didn't tick the box. I think the warning message was a little different than the usual message I get when asking for registry change permission. The message seemed to refer to the actual bluetooth service.

md usa spybot fan
2009-01-05, 15:57
barman:

It seems that the TeaTimer detection could be a false positive and should be reported in the False Positives (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=16) forum.

If you left the "Delete the associated file" option checked before clicking the "OK" button in the dialog, than you will probably have to restore the BTSTACKSSERVER.EXE program or reinstall the software.

barman
2009-01-06, 00:04
Ok thanks md