PDA

View Full Version : Spyware Guard 2008

GeorgeB
2009-01-05, 22:24
My XP Home laptop picked up this little nasty about three weeks ago. It must be pretty powerful stuff: It suppresses HTL Log installer and System Restore, both in regular and Safe Mode. It will not allow Spybot to launch, even in Safe Mode. It will not allow me to visit certain sites: TrendMicro, Safer-Networking, MS XP Updates, or LavaSoft. It redirects and claims to be running emergency spyware checks.

I learned that I could order Spybot to scan folders and files by right-clicking on the target, so I turned it loose on the Windows folder in Programs. After five days of continuous scanning it found and claimed to have deleted a couple dozen baddies, but Spyware Guard 2008 is still there, I suppose re-installing itself from somewhere else.

Now whenever I try to use Safe Mode I get a message something to the effect that "...the system is shutting down. Please save all....Shutdown was initiated by NT Authority`sytem.......because the DCM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly." or something like that. I've tried it several times.

I was able to get a Resident Log from Spybot, and I can attach it, but I'm not very confident that it will help.

I am using my desktop (clean) computer to contact you, because I can't contact any security sites with my infected laptop.

pskelley
2009-01-10, 13:06
Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
"BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance) http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

Make sure you read and follow the directions, anything else will slow the process and waste both of our time. I suggest you keep this computer offline except when troubleshooting, the junk may download more. If you have any tool I use, delete it and download it new from the link I provide. Read and follow the directions carefully, the tools will not work unless you do.
The junk can be tough to remove, so do not expect fast or easy.

I apologize for the wait, volunteers are swamped at all forums with infected computers. If you have resolved your issues, please post to let me know so I can close this topic.

George, this is a tough infection because the hackers use a rootkit that blocks malware sites and tools. They are trying to cause you to give them money for a worthless rouge products (called fraud). As I said, it is tough but some folks are able to defeat this infection with some methods that are available. Before I post I wish to be sure you are still trying to clean the infection and if there is any new information you think I should have. I will also say some folks have become discouraged and opted to reformat, and all I can promise you if you wish to proced, are my best efforts.

Thanks...Phil

GeorgeB
2009-01-10, 16:23
Hi Phil,

Well, I'm still hoping I won't have to go the nuclear route, although I can still put my files on a stick if necessary and write down the programs I'll have to reinstall if all else fails.

I'm ready to try 'most anything you suggest. My laptop is already disconnected from the internet.

Thanks in advance.

pskelley
2009-01-10, 16:55
If you can't get the infected computer online, you would have to bring combofix to it, keep in mind combofix is 2.77 MB's.

DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix, Vundofix, or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

I suggest you do this:

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.

NOTE: worksnow is actually Combofix renamed so user is able download and run Combofix

Download worksnow from HERE: (http://www.nutnworks.com/worksnow.exe)

* IMPORTANT !!! Save worksnow to your Desktop

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. Note: If you are having difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, or are unsure as to what programs need to be disabled, please refer to the information available through this link : Protective Programs (http://forums.whatthetech.com/How_to_Disable_your_Security_Programs_t96260.html&pid=494216#entry494216)

Double click on worksnow & follow the prompts.

Note: worksnow will run without the Recovery Console installed.

As part of it's process, combofix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/ried7/RcAuto1.gif

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/ried7/whatnext.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
"copy/paste" a new HijackThis log file into this thread as well.

Notes:

1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Give it atleast 20-30 minutes to finish if needed.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Thanks

GeorgeB
2009-01-11, 01:19
Phil,

ComboFix detected a rootkit and rebooted. After I logged in again CF started up automatically. Eventually it went through a series that ended with "Completed Stage_50". Its next lines read " C:\windows\system32\ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file." and hung there. After 1-1/2 hours I decided to check back with you. I don't see any .txt log anywhere, and Windows has not fully loaded yet. I'm not sure what do do about this.

pskelley
2009-01-11, 01:27
I'm not sure either, the log will be here: C:\combofix.txt if it is anywhere. Try restarting the computer and run it again to see what happens. If that does not work, try running combofix in safe mode:

http://spyware-free.us/tutorials/safemode/

The hackers change their junk so often, seems no two repairs are the same.

Thanks

pskelley
2009-01-11, 01:50
George, if you get the error messages again when you try to run combofix, could you make sure of exactly word for word and post that information. I may have to ask sUBs (creator) about the message?

Thanks

pskelley
2009-01-11, 03:21
I have another member getting the same message, so either it is the infection or an issue with combofix trying to remove the infection. I have posted for the creator to see if he can give us any advice. In the meantime, I suggest you see if you can get MBAM to run, follow the directions carefully.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your Desktop
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt
* Please post contents of that file & a new HJT log in your next reply.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Tutorial if needed:
http://www.techsupportteam.org/forum/tutorials/2282-malwarebytes-anti-malware-mbam.html

Thanks

pskelley
2009-01-11, 14:03
You may try this either before or after the MBAM run.

provided by the folks who maintain combofix:

This issue was fixed with ver_09-01-10.02. Have your user delete existing ComboFix.exe from desktop (don't uninstall it), and download a fresh copy.

Post the combofix log if you get it or let me know the results.

Thanks

GeorgeB
2009-01-11, 19:12
When I first ran CF yesterday it asked for permission to download the latest version. I gave it, and it ran up to the point I mentioned, both times.

Today I deleted the CF program from my desktop and downloaded a new one. It also asked if I wanted the newer version.

Again I clicked yes, and it downloaded and went to work. This time after Completed Stage_50, it read:

Deleting files:
"C\documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\wsnpoem\audio.dll"

Deleting folders:

"C\documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\wsnpoem"

'"C:\Windows\System\32\" is not recognized..........'

As before, there it hangs up, and I cannot find a CF log.

MalwareBytes downloaded and scanned OK. Log below.

Apparently enough was removed to allow HTL to install, and I've included its log, below.

I'm not exactly sure what do do next. SAFE mode still self-closes.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.32
Database version: 1643
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

2009-01-11 09:52:06
mbam-log-2009-01-11 (09-52-06).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 120333
Time elapsed: 40 minute(s), 5 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 11

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Px.ax (Backdoor.Dimpy) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Spyware Guard 2008 (Rogue.SpywareGuard) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSbrsr.dll.vir (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSotqh.dll.vir (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSriqp.dll.vir (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\TDSSxfum.dll.vir (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TDSSmqlt.sys.vir (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP368\A0017699.sys (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP368\A0017700.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP368\A0017701.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP368\A0017702.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{129201FA-B0AC-49B3-96B2-DEB8B91E727B}\RP368\A0017703.dll (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Px.ax (Backdoor.Dimpy) -> Delete on reboot.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:01, on 2009-01-11
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$MICROSOFTSMLBIZ\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mm_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\MMDiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\TextBridge Pro Millennium\Bin\InstantAccess.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopIndex.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktopDisplay.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\ScanPanel\ScnPanel.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://by130w.bay130.mail.live.com/mail/InboxLight.aspx?FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&n=469203389
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShowLOMControl] 
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mimboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLA] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DLA\DLACTRLW.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellHelp] C:\Dell\DellHelp\DellHelp.exe /c
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InstantAccess] C:\Program Files\TextBridge Pro Millennium\Bin\InstantAccess.exe /h
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ModemOnHold] C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: ScanPanel.lnk = C:\ScanPanel\ScnPanel.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Service Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O12 - Plugin for .tif: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin6.dll
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1193534766156
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: WLANKEEPER - Intelョ Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LGB/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LGB/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 2: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LGB/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif
O24 - Desktop Component 3: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LGB/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/02/clip_image002.jpg

--
End of file - 9872 bytes

pskelley
2009-01-11, 20:04
Hi George, first...I have sent two private messages and asked in both that you let me know you were receiving them and can't see where you did. Check junk in case spam filters sent them there and set Safer Networking to your inbox while we work. We may not need pm's now?

We seem to be making some prograss. If you look at the MBAM scan results, you will see:
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\ <<< that is stuff combofix removed and quarantined. MBAM also needed to remove at least one backdoor on reboot, so I hope you allowed that to happen. Before we do anything else, I would like to do a scan with SDFix. The HJT log looks good, but most of this junk is hidden from it.

Since there are items quarantined, there should be a file here: C:\ComboFix.txt <<< post that information if it is there.

Thanks to andymanchesta and anyone else who helped with the fix.

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop
http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
Choose your usual account.
Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
Finally post the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with the combofix report if you locate it.

Let me know how the computer is running now.

Thanks...Phil

GeorgeB
2009-01-13, 05:04
Hi Phil,

After spending the weekend punching F5 every time I walked by, I failed to notice until just now there was a second page available. Sorry

Cannot find any email from you.

I've been sending emails since 1988, and I'm still a computer tyro....sigh....

Amazingly, safe mode worked OK this time. Well, I did start clicking things right away--perhaps that stopped the shutdown process...

Here's the log you requested.

SDFix: Version 1.240
Run by LGB on 2009-01-12 at 19:23

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting

Checking Files :

Trojan Files Found:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Common\svchost.exe - Deleted

Folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Common - Removed

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-01-12 19:40:23
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"DeviceNotSelectedTimeout"="15"
"GDIProcessHandleQuota"=dword:00002710
"Spooler"="yes"
"swapdisk"=""
"TransmissionRetryTimeout"="90"
"USERProcessHandleQuota"=dword:00002710
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComputerDescriptions]
"R%\xa0%-?P?C?"=""

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\fxsclnt.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\fxsclnt.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft Fax Console"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe:*:Disabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe:*:Disabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe:*:Disabled:AOL"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

Remaining Files :

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Wed 1 Sep 2004 54,384 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolphx.exe"
Wed 1 Sep 2004 156,784 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe"
Wed 1 Sep 2004 31,344 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\RBM.exe"
Wed 22 Oct 2008 949,072 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\advcheck.dll"
Mon 15 Sep 2008 1,562,960 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll"
Mon 7 Jul 2008 1,429,840 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDUpdate.exe"
Mon 7 Jul 2008 4,891,472 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
Tue 16 Sep 2008 1,833,296 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe"
Wed 22 Oct 2008 962,896 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Tools.dll"
Thu 13 Jul 2006 3,604,480 A..H. --- "C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2309674831-234553023-2207934604-1006\Dc2.tmp"
Sat 1 Jul 2006 43,520 A..H. --- "C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2309674831-234553023-2207934604-1006\Dc3.tmp"
Sun 6 Aug 2006 56 ..SHR --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\0475E3B95E.sys"
Sun 6 Aug 2006 3,766 A.SH. --- "C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys"
Wed 2 Apr 2008 0 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.tmp"
Tue 8 May 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\LGB\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch_u1\lock.tmp"
Tue 8 May 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\LGB\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch_u2\lock.tmp"
Wed 9 May 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\LGB\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch_u3\lock.tmp"
Thu 7 Jun 2007 8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\LGB\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch_u4\lock.tmp"

Finished!

pskelley
2009-01-13, 13:41
Hi George, I can see you have this infection in your System Restore files, so DO NOT use System Restore for any reason until we clean those files later.

SDFix remove some junk, we are finished with that program. Please delete it from your computer.

I would like you to delete any version of combofix you have on the computer. Look this tutorial over:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Then download it new to your Desktop from here:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

and run it, then post the log. If you have any issues running it, boot to safe mode and try it there. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks...Phil

GeorgeB
2009-01-13, 16:14
After deleting everything you asked, I had to download the new ComboFix.exe to a memory stick on my current desktop and copy/paste it to my laptop desktop. Running both in regular and safe mode, it still hangs up at the same place as before. c:\combofix.txt does not exist anywhere, not even in the recycle bin where I dumped the old one (in fact, the bin is empty, no doubt on command from CF).

pskelley
2009-01-13, 16:28
Thanks George, guess we give up on combofix...this is one of about 1/2 dozen computers that would not run it in many thousands. Delete combofix from the computer.

Please update MBAM to the newest version and Perform a full scan. Post the results unless the are clean and tell me how the computer is running. Post a new HJT log with that.

What are you running for an antivirus program, am I missing something?

Thanks...Phil

GeorgeB
2009-01-13, 18:45
Hi Phil,

The only antivirus I can afford is SpyBot/TeaTimer and Windows Defender. I'm retired, on a fixed income, and I'm looking for ways to reduce expenses these days. ZoneAlarm seemed to interfere with my wireless router (so I was told by Dell), so I stopped using it.

The computer seems to work OK now, both regular and safe mode.

IE works.

I haven't tried System Restore, on your orders.

Here are the logs you requested.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.32
Database version: 1648

2009-01-13 08:46:10
mbam-log-2009-01-13 (08-46-10).txt

Objects scanned: 121002
Time elapsed: 39 minute(s), 25 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Scan saved at 08:47, on 2009-01-13

Running processes:
C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~3\MMDiag.exe
C:\Program Files\NetWaiting\netWaiting.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://by130w.bay130.mail.live.com/mail/InboxLight.aspx?FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&n=469203389
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InstantAccess] C:\Program Files\TextBridge Pro Millennium\Bin\InstantAccess.exe /h
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [DWQueuedReporting] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\dwtrig20.exe" -t (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Service Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O12 - Plugin for .tif: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin6.dll
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1193534766156
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: WLANKEEPER - Intelョ Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LGB/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LGB/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 2: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LGB/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif
O24 - Desktop Component 3: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LGB/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/02/clip_image002.jpg

--
End of file - 9907 bytes

pskelley
2009-01-13, 19:02
George, please watch for a private message I am sending in a few minutes. I am going out soon so you may not get responses for several hours.

Please disable TeaTimer until we are finished.
We need first to disable TeaTimer that it doesn't interfere with fixes. You can re-enable it when you're clean again:
* Run Spybot-S&D in Advanced Mode.
* If it is not already set to do this Go to the Mode menu select "Advanced Mode"
* On the left hand side, Click on Tools
* Then click on the Resident Icon in the List
* Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts.
* Restart your computer.
(leave TT disabled until we finish)

I run AVG 8 free, but here are three good freeware programs. Install one, update it and scan the system, post the results if you can or let me know how the scan turned out.

1) http://free.grisoft.com/ww.download-avg-anti-virus-free-edition
How to Install Free version AVG 8.0 without LinkScanner feature
http://russelltexas.com/tutorials/avg8install.htm

2) http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

3) http://www.free-av.com/

Thanks

GeorgeB
2009-01-14, 00:29
Phil, in the last stages of the install, AVG gave me this message:

Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: creating registry key....
Error 0x80070005

Before I do anything else, I suspect I should wait for your opinion.

pskelley
2009-01-14, 00:48
I see infomation about that:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Error%3A+Action+failed+for+registry+key+HKLM%5CSOFTWARE%5CMicrosoft%5CWindows+NT%5CCurrentVersion%5CWindows%3A+creating+registry+key....&btnG=Search

but I suggest you delete what you installed, then turn off Windows Defender:
Click on "Tools"
Click on "General Settings"
Scroll down to "Real-time protection options"
Uncheck "Turn on Real-time protection (recommended)"
Click "Save"
Make sure to turn your protection back on when you finish.

It may be blocking something, then try again. If it does not work the next time, delete it and try one of the other two.

Thanks
(you get the email I sent?)

GeorgeB
2009-01-14, 01:49
Yes Phil, I got the email. But I think you wanted to finish this here before any email stuff.

Anyway, Avast ran a check after reboot and found an infection by:

win32:goldun-NP [Trj]

and asked if I want them to delete, move to chest, or repair.

So I'm stuck at about 41% of the scan. Should I request the delete?

Larry

pskelley
2009-01-14, 02:01
Always delete malware if you can, quarantine if it can not delete. Usually you can delete from the quarantine folder (chest)
later.

GeorgeB
2009-01-14, 15:57
Hi Phil,

Avast found and deleted a bunch of stuff. Its log is below. After that I got a new HJL, also below.

Interestingly, when I tried to use my memory stick to transfer these txt files, Avast declared there was a trojan there and suggested I move it to the "chest," which I did. Now I cannot look into the memory stick (it won't open automatically, and when I use My Computer I get a dialogue box asking which program I wish to use--even though it's a drive NOT a file), and I'm a bit hesitant to use it any more (I just attached these to an email to myself).

Larry

2009-01-13 17:50 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aec.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:50 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:50 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:50 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\asyncmac.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\atmarpc.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\audstub.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CCDECODE.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CCDECODE.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CmBatt.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\DMusic.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\drmkaud.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\GTAction\triggers\DSproct.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\GTAction\triggers\DSproct.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\e100b325.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\e100b325.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\fdc.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\fdc.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\flpydisk.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\flpydisk.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\msgpc.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HDAudBus.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\hidusb.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HSFHWAZL.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HSF_DPV.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\HTTP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ialmnt5.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ip6fw.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\ipfltdrv.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipinip.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ipnat.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\irenum.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\iwca.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmixer.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mhndrv.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mhndrv.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\Modem.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSKSSRV.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSPCLOCK.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSPQM.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\mssmbios.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSTEE.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MSTEE.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\NABTSFEC.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\NABTSFEC.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\NdisIP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\NdisIP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndistapi.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndisuio.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ndiswan.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\NDProxy.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nic1394.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkflt.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nwlnkfwd.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\parport.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\parport.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspptp.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\psched.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\ptilink.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rasl2tp.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspppoe.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\raspti.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rdpdr.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\RDPWD.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\RDPWD.SYS" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rimmptsk.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rimsptsk.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\rixdptsk.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\sdbus.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\secdrv.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\serenum.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SLIP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SLIP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\splitter.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\splitter.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sthda.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\StreamIP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\StreamIP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\swenum.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\swmidi.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\swmidi.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\SynTP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sysaudio.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\TDPIPE.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\TDPIPE.SYS" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\TDTCP.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\TDTCP.SYS" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\update.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbaudio.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbehci.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbhub.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbprint.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbscan.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\usbuhci.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\w29n51.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wanarp.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wanatw4.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\wdmaud.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\HSF_CNXT.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WSTCODEC.SYS" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WSTCODEC.SYS" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WudfPf.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\WudfPf.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wudfrd.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:51 LGB 1076 Sign of "Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\wudfrd.sys" file.
2009-01-13 17:54 LGB 4936 Sign of "Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}" has been found in "c:\program files\microsoft common\svchost.exe" file.

Scan saved at 06:06, on 2009-01-14

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\MMDiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe

--
End of file - 10443 bytes

pskelley
2009-01-14, 16:24
Reformat that USB stick or throw it away.
Pen drive/USB stick
http://www.scribd.com/doc/231100/Reformatting-a-USB-Drive
Keep in mind if you have an infected file on the USB stick, and you load it on your coimputer, you will infect your computer. You have the option of scanning any file with your AV and MBAM will scan any drive you ask it to. If you are not 100% sure the file on the USB stick is clean, then put it in and scan the file before you move it to your computer.

That could have been the source of all of your problems.

Leave that stuff in the Virus Chest for a few days to be sure nothing was removed in error, then delete it all.
http://www.avast.com/eng/whats_new_in_avast_v2.html

Post an uninstall list: Open Hijackthis.
Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
Click the "Save list..." Button.
Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.
Image: http://img.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/hijackthis/uninstall-man.jpg

How is the computer running?

Thanks

GeorgeB
2009-01-14, 17:05
Hi Phil,

The computer seems to be running OK. After I formatted the stick it is working OK. Now I suppose the trojan has been transferred to my kitchen computer, right?

Here's the log you requested.

Larry

Ad-Aware
Adobe Acrobat - Reader 6.0.2 Update
Adobe Acrobat Elements 6.0
Adobe Flash Player 9 ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Adobe Reader 6.0.1
Adobe Reader 7.0.8
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Adobe Reader 7.1.0
Adobeョ Photoshopョ Album Starter Edition 3.2
America Online (Choose which version to remove)
AOL Coach Version 1.0(Build:20040229.1 en)
AOL Connectivity Services
AOLIcon
avast! Antivirus
Broadcom Management Programs
Camera Driver
Clone2Go Video Converter Free Version 1.1.0
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem
Consumer Complete Care Services Agreement
Corel Paint Shop Pro X
Dell CinePlayer
Dell Digital Jukebox Driver
Dell Driver Reset Tool
Dell Game Console
Dell Support Center (Support Software)
DellSupport
Digital Line Detect
EarthLink setup files
ELIcon
ESPNMotion
GemMaster Mystic
Get High Speed Internet!
Google Desktop
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
High Definition Audio Driver Package - KB835221
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix 2050 for SQL Server 2000 ENU (KB948110)
Hotfix for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB947864)
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 10 (KB903157)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 11 (KB939683)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)
HP Color LaserJet 3600 (02/27/2007 61.063.461.41)
HP Update
Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile
Intel(R) PROSet/Wireless Software
Internal Network Card Power Management
IrfanView (remove only)
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
Java(TM) 6 Update 11
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
Java(TM) 6 Update 5
Java(TM) 6 Update 7
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
Learn2 Player (Uninstall Only)
Lexmark Supplies Monitor
Lexmark Z25-Z35
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
McAfee Uninstaller
mCore
MCU
mDrWiFi
MEM48U
mHlpDell
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Update
Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition Installer
Microsoft Plus! Photo Story 2 LE
Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MICROSOFTSMLBIZ)
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
mIWA
mIWCA
mLogView
mMHouse
Modem Helper
mPfMgr
mPfWiz
mProSafe
mSSO
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
mToolkit
Musicmatch for Windows Media Player
Musicmatchョ Jukebox
mWlsSafe
mXML
mZConfig
NetWaiting
NetZeroInstallers
OpenOffice.org Installer 1.0
Opera 9.62
Otto
Qualxserve Service Agreement
QuickSet
QuickTime
RealPlayer Basic
Roxio DLA
Roxio MyDVD LE
Roxio RecordNow Audio
Roxio RecordNow Copy
Roxio RecordNow Data
Search Assist
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB928090)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB931768)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB939653)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB950759)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB953838)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB956390)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB958215)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB960714)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB952069)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB954154)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956391)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958687)
Sonic Activation Module
Sonic Encoders
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
TextBridge Pro Millennium
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB910393)
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB913800)
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB926251)
Update for Windows XP (KB951072-v2)
Update for Windows XP (KB951978)
Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
URL Assistant
Viewpoint Media Player
WebCyberCoach 3.2 Dell
Windows Defender
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Player 10
Windows Media Player 10 Hotfix [See EmeraldQFE2 for more information]
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB908246
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB925766
Windows XP Service Pack 3

pskelley
2009-01-14, 17:28
See email I just sent to your hotmail addy...

Uninstall list: I look for malware and security issues and will not know all of your programs, but you should.
Hackers are using out of date programs to infect folks more and more,
Here is a small free tool that lets you know when something needs an update if you are interested:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/ While PSI runs in the System Tray for realtime notifications, I personally prefer to turn it off in MSConfig and run it from All Programs when I want to do a check.

Adobe Reader 6.0.1
Adobe Reader 7.0.8
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Adobe Reader 7.1.0
All out of date and unsafe, read this:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10081618-83.html?tag=nl.e433
http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_reader/
(if you want a smaller free program, look at this one)
Foxit Reader 2.3 for Windows (make sure to uncheck toolbars)
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03 <<< very old
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
Java(TM) 6 Update 5
Java(TM) 6 Update 7
Uninstall all but the newest, see this:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=12880&postcount=2
Be aware of this information so you can opt out of anything you do not want.
Microsoft Does MSN Toolbar Distribution Deal With Java:
http://searchengineland.com/microsoft-does-msn-toolbar-distribution-deal-with-java-15413.php
http://raproducts.org/ <<< this tol will help if you have problems uninstalling those old version.

Viewpoint Media Player <<< suggest you uninstall if you don't use this:
For your information, Viewpoint is installed by aol probably without your knowledge.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/newsletter/archives/2005/nov4.php#viewpoint
http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_137262.htm

That will take a while, then I would like you to do this:

1) C:\Qoobox <<< delete that folder and the contents.

2) Clean the System Restore files like this:

Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.

Reboot

Turn ON System Restore,
Click Properties.
UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.

Update MBAM and scan to be sure we missed none of the junk, there is no need to post a clean scan result.
(MBAM is yours to keep if you wish, update it and run it once a month or so)

Update Avast 4 and scan the system, to be sure it is scanning clean.

Give me a report on how the computer is performing now.

Thanks...Phil

GeorgeB
2009-01-15, 15:02
Hi Phil,

After getting rid of those old programs and folder you asked, I ran MBAM, then Avast. Avast was clean, but MBAM indicated a problem which seems to have been fixed. Log follows.

Larry

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33
Database version: 1654

2009-01-14 18:33:03
mbam-log-2009-01-14 (18-33-03).txt

Objects scanned: 111948
Time elapsed: 42 minute(s), 49 second(s)

Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Explorer.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Common (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:

pskelley
2009-01-15, 15:06
Give me a report on how the computer is performing now.

Is everything running OK, any malware symptoms. I would also say you can probably delete that junk the antivirus program removed for you.

Thanks...Phil

GeorgeB
2009-01-15, 15:39
I'm using the laptop now, and it appears to be back up to speed again, running fine. Thanks for all of your help.

One of my concerns is how best to prevent all of this in the future. Can I assume that Avast will alert me on problems with the laptop? Should I also run Windows Defender and SpyBot+TeaTimer? Should I try a firewall, too?

I'll certainly be careful with stick memory from now on.

pskelley
2009-01-15, 15:42
Thanks for the feedback, this information should answer all of your questions, if anything is missed, let me know.

Some good information for you:
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/slowcomputer.html
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/mcgill1.mspx

Here is some great information from experts in this field that will help you stay clean and safe online.
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/prevention.html
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html
http://cybercoyote.org/security/not-admin.shtml

http://www.malwarecomplaints.info/

Thanks...Phil
Safer Networking Forums
http://www.spybot.info/en/donate/index.html
If you are reading this information...thank a teacher,
If you are reading it in English...thank a soldier.

http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/Links.html

GeorgeB
2009-01-18, 01:29
Although I disabled everything requested, I didn't think about the g-mail Notifier. After ComboFix took care of everything, it landed on "preparing log report." At that point the g-mail dialogue box popped up and asked for confirmation of my password.

After 15 minutes of doing nothing (up to this point I never touched the mouse) I took a chance and clicked on "cancel" in the dialogue box. After about 10 more minutes CF started up again, completed the reboot, and produced the log. Whew....

I just now "unpinned" the Notifier from the start menu.

CF did not choose to install the Recovery Console (neither did it ask me if I wanted it).

Here are the logs.

Larry

ComboFix 09-01-16.03 - Larry 2009-01-17 6:41:41.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.932.81.1033.18.510.182 [GMT -8:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Larry\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point
WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED !!
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
c:\documents and settings\Larry\Application Data\rhcce1j0elfn
c:\program files\Common\helper.dll
c:\program files\Common\helper.sig
c:\windows\system32\autochk.dll
c:\windows\system32\mst120.dll
c:\windows\system32\wsnpoem
c:\windows\system32\wsnpoem\audio.dll
c:\windows\system32\wsnpoem\video.dll
((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-12-17 to 2009-01-17 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-01-16 18:16 . 2009-01-16 18:16 578,560 --a------ c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\user32.dll
2009-01-16 18:06 . 2009-01-16 18:07 <DIR> d-------- c:\windows\ERUNT
2009-01-16 17:56 . 2009-01-16 18:48 <DIR> d-------- C:\SDFix
2009-01-15 16:27 . 2009-01-15 16:27 21,504 --ahs---- c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\protect.dll
2009-01-15 07:34 . 2009-01-15 07:34 44,032 --a------ c:\windows\SYSTEM32\mcenspc.dll
2009-01-15 02:22 . 2009-01-15 02:22 21,504 --ahs---- c:\windows\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\protect.dll
2009-01-15 02:22 . 2009-01-15 02:22 21,504 --ahs---- c:\documents and settings\Larry\protect.dll
2008-12-28 17:44 . 2008-12-28 17:44 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Trend Micro
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-01-17 14:43 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common
2009-01-17 01:51 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2009-01-17 01:51 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2009-01-09 19:21 45,824 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Larry\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2009-01-03 05:50 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Google
2008-12-14 20:47 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Lavasoft
2008-12-14 20:46 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-12-11 13:31 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Java
2008-12-11 10:57 333,952 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\drivers\srv.sys
2008-11-21 01:59 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Codec Pack - All In 1
2008-11-21 01:57 737,280 ----a-w c:\windows\iun6002.exe
2008-11-20 22:37 --------- d-----w c:\program files\QuickTime Alternative
2008-11-20 22:37 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer
2008-11-20 22:35 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common Files\AVSMedia
2008-11-20 22:35 --------- d-----w c:\program files\AVS4YOU
2008-11-20 22:27 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\Larry\Application Data\AVS4YOU
2008-11-20 22:26 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\AVS4YOU
2008-11-20 21:47 --------- d-----w c:\program files\QuickTime
2008-11-20 18:55 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Windows Media Connect 2
2008-11-05 23:41 356,352 ----a-w c:\windows\eSellerateEngine.dll
2008-05-17 19:42 61,224 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Puring\GoToAssistDownloadHelper.exe
2008-02-06 19:12 68,512 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Larry\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2007-10-24 00:08 640 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Puring\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2007-10-14 02:48 3,376 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Agnes\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( AWF ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
----a-r 313,472 2006-03-30 23:45:08 c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\bak\AdobeUpdateManager.exe
----a-w 50,688 2003-12-06 03:08:04 c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\bak\WkUFind.exe
----a-w 110,592 2004-01-07 06:01:00 c:\program files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\bak\sgtray.exe
----a-w 57,344 2004-08-23 23:19:22 c:\program files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\bak\DVDLauncher.exe
----a-w 290,816 2004-04-12 01:15:14 c:\program files\Dell\Media Experience\bak\PCMService.exe
----a-w 202,544 2007-11-15 17:23:56 c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\bak\sprtcmd.exe
----a-w 202,544 2007-11-15 16:23:56 c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
----a-w 16,384 2007-11-15 17:24:00 c:\program files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\bak\dsca.exe
----a-w 16,384 2007-11-15 16:24:00 c:\program files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe
----a-w 460,784 2007-03-15 18:09:36 c:\program files\DellSupport\bak\DSAgnt.exe
----a-w 68,856 2007-08-13 01:12:46 c:\program files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\bak\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
----a-r 98,304 2006-01-30 16:00:00 c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\OrderReminder\bak\OrderReminder.exe
----a-w 221,184 2003-09-04 01:12:44 c:\program files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\bak\IntelMEM.exe
----a-w 132,496 2007-09-25 08:11:35 c:\program files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\bak\jusched.exe
----a-w 200,704 2003-06-18 17:00:00 c:\program files\Microsoft Money\System\bak\mnyexpr.exe
----a-w 53,248 2004-04-19 19:45:52 c:\program files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\bak\mmtask.exe
----a-w 131,072 2004-04-19 19:45:52 c:\program files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\bak\mm_tray.exe
----a-w 77,824 2006-06-14 01:34:46 c:\program files\QuickTime\bak\qttask.exe
----a-w 866,584 2006-11-04 02:20:12 c:\program files\Windows Defender\bak\MSASCui.exe
----a-w 866,584 2006-11-04 02:20:12 c:\program files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
----a-w 15,360 2004-08-04 10:00:00 c:\windows\SYSTEM32\bak\ctfmon.exe
----a-w 15,360 2008-04-14 00:12:16 c:\windows\SYSTEM32\ctfmon.exe
----a-w 77,824 2005-09-20 17:32:24 c:\windows\SYSTEM32\bak\hkcmd.exe
----a-w 114,688 2005-09-20 17:36:20 c:\windows\SYSTEM32\bak\igfxpers.exe
----a-w 94,208 2005-09-20 17:35:40 c:\windows\SYSTEM32\bak\igfxtray.exe
----a-w 122,939 2004-08-13 06:05:00 c:\windows\SYSTEM32\dla\bak\tfswctrl.exe
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSMSGS"="c:\program files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2008-04-13 1695232]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2008-04-13 15360]
"updateMgr"="c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" [N/A]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"dscactivate"="c:\program files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe" [2007-11-15 16384]
"DellSupportCenter"="c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" [2007-11-15 202544]
"c:\windows\system32\kdevg.exe"="c:\windows\system32\kdevg.exe" [N/A]
"{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}"="c:\program files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe" [2005-07-15 479232]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2007-05-08 54840]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" [2008-12-11 136600]
c:\documents and settings\Larry\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
ChkDisk.dll [2009-01-15 21504]
ChkDisk.lnk - c:\windows\SYSTEM32\rundll32.exe [2004-08-04 33280]
OpenOffice.org 3.0.lnk - c:\program files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe [2008-09-12 384000]
c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 29696]
America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk - c:\program files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe [2004-10-22 36953]
Microsoft Office.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-12 83360]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\GoToAssist]
2008-05-17 11:42 10536 c:\program files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2awinlogon.dll
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
SecurityProviders msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll, mcenspc.dll
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)
[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"c:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\LEXPPS.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Homestead\\Homestead Professional\\Editor\\homestead.exe"=
R3 PRISM_USB;Dell TrueMobile 1180 Wireless USB Adapter;c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\DELUSB_51.sys [2004-11-07 606208]
R4 WinDefend;Windows Defender;c:\program files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe [2006-11-03 13592]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
HPZ12 REG_MULTI_SZ Pml Driver HPZ12 Net Driver HPZ12
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\F]
\Shell\AutoRun\command - F:\LaunchU3.exe -a
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{5ea2359e-28d8-11dd-87ce-00904b2109c1}]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{fced9f51-ffe0-11db-8781-00904b2109c1}]
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2009-01-16 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-07-30 12:34]
2009-01-17 c:\windows\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job
- c:\program files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe [2006-11-03 18:20]
------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://co106w.col106.mail.live.com/mail/InboxLight.aspx?FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&InboxSortAscending=False&InboxSortBy=Date&n=938533822
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
mStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
IE: {{d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html
Trusted Zone: *.internet
Trusted Zone: *.mcafee.com
O16 -: Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file:///C:/WINDOWS/Java/classes/xmldso.cab
c:\windows\Downloaded Program Files\Microsoft XML Parser for Java.osd
FF - ProfilePath -
catchme 0.3.1367 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-01-17 06:58:17
scanning hidden autostart entries ...

c:\docume~1\Larry\LOCALS~1\Temp\si6.tmp
hidden files: 1
--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------
- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(848)
c:\program files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll
------------------------ Other Running Processes ------------------------
c:\program files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\LEXBCES.EXE
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\LEXPPS.EXE
c:\progra~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
c:\windows\wanmpsvc.exe
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\wscntfy.exe
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\conime.exe
c:\program files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
c:\program files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
Completion time: 2009-01-17 7:22:35 - machine was rebooted
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2009-01-17 15:22:30
Pre-Run: 57,316,782,080 bytes free
Post-Run: 58,109,833,216 bytes free
189 --- E O F --- 2009-01-17 00:21:52

Scan saved at 7:38:20 AM, on 1/17/2009
Running processes:
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdevg.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdevg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
O4 - Startup: ChkDisk.dll
O4 - Startup: ChkDisk.lnk = ?
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.mcafee.com
O15 - ESC Trusted Zone: http://*.update.microsoft.com
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecall/applet/html/native/x86/win32/activex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5AA5A569-F96F-4628-A528-8B3698F558BB} (HS_live Control) - http://install.homestead.com/~site/InstallFiles/SIFiles/lpxlive/HS_live.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: GoToAssist - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Larry/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Larry/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 2: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Larry/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg
--
End of file - 6198 bytes

pskelley
2009-01-18, 01:35
This is a nasty file infecter, follow the directions carefully and combofix should repair it for us. Make sure you allow combofix to install Recovery Console unless you have the Windows XP Operating System CD I mentioned.

1) Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune
http://www.atribune.org/public-beta/ATF-Cleaner.exe
Save it to your Desktop. We will use this later.

2) Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the codebox below into it:

AWF::
c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\bak\AdobeUpdateManager.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\bak\WkUFind.exe
c:\program files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\bak\sgtray.exe
c:\program files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\bak\DVDLauncher.exe
c:\program files\Dell\Media Experience\bak\PCMService.exe
c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\bak\sprtcmd.exe
c:\program files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\bak\dsca.exe
c:\program files\DellSupport\bak\DSAgnt.exe
c:\program files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\bak\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
c:\program files\Hewlett-Packard\OrderReminder\bak\OrderReminder.exe
c:\program files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\bak\IntelMEM.exe
c:\program files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\bak\jusched.exe
c:\program files\Microsoft Money\System\bak\mnyexpr.exe
c:\program files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\bak\mmtask.exe
c:\program files\MUSICMATCH\Musicmatch Jukebox\bak\mm_tray.exe
c:\program files\QuickTime\bak\qttask.exe
c:\program files\Windows Defender\bak\MSASCui.exe
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\bak\ctfmon.exe
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\bak\hkcmd.exe
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\bak\igfxpers.exe
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\bak\igfxtray.exe
c:\windows\SYSTEM32\dla\bak\tfswctrl.exe

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdevg.exe

Folder::
C:\SDFix

Save this as CFScript

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v666/sUBs/CFScriptB-4.gif

Referring to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe.

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a new HijackThis log. (wait until you finish to post the logs)

3) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdevg.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdevg.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Larry/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif
O24 - Desktop Component 1: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Larry/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.jpg
O24 - Desktop Component 2: (no name) - file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Larry/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.jpg

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

4) Run ATF Cleaner
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
Click the Empty Selected button.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

*Cleaning Prefetch may result in a few slow starts until the folder is repopulated:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Gaining-Speed-Empty-Prefetch-XP.html

5) Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your Desktop
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt
* Please post log from CFScript, the log from MBAM and a new HJT log.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Tutorial if needed:
http://www.techsupportteam.org/forum/tutorials/2282-malwarebytes-anti-malware-mbam.html

How is the computer running now?

Thanks

GeorgeB
2009-01-18, 15:57
Phil,

Everything went fairly smoothly, and the computer seems to run OK.

Here are the three logs:

ComboFix 09-01-17.03 - Larry 2009-01-17 17:52:29.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.3.932.81.1033.18.510.211 [GMT -8:00]
Running from: c:\documents and settings\Larry\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
Command switches used :: c:\documents and settings\Larry\Desktop\CFScript.txt
* Created a new restore point

WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED !!

FILE ::
c:\windows\system32\kdevg.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\SDFix
c:\sdfix\Add_DBFix_RunOnce_key.inf
c:\sdfix\apps\assosfix.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\Cghtme.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\cliptext.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\DBFix.inf
c:\sdfix\apps\download.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\dummy.sys
c:\sdfix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.inf
c:\sdfix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\ERDNT.E_E
c:\sdfix\apps\ERDNTDOS.LOC
c:\sdfix\apps\ERDNTWIN.LOC
c:\sdfix\apps\ERUNT.EXE
c:\sdfix\apps\ERUNT.LOC
c:\sdfix\apps\fix.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FixBeep.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FixBH.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FixComponents.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FIXCU.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FIXLM.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FixPath.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\FixRedir.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FixSchedule.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FixWebCheck.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\fixXP.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\FixXPsp2.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\grep.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\HaxdFix.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix2.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix3.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix4.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix5.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix6.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix7.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix8.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\HPFix9.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\Installed.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\isadmin.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\leg2.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\legacy.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\legacybk.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\locate.com
c:\sdfix\apps\LS.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\MD5File.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\moveex.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\MyGcpvFix.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\MyGkFix2.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\Process.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\procs.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\psservice.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\Rem.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\Rem2.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\regedit.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\w2k\AUTOEXEC.NT
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\w2k\beep.sys
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\w2k\command.com
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\w2k\command.PIF
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\w2k\CONFIG.NT
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\w2k\null.sys
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\xp\AUTOEXEC.NT
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\xp\beep.sys
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\xp\command.com
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\xp\command.PIF
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\xp\CONFIG.NT
c:\sdfix\apps\Replace\xp\null.sys
c:\sdfix\apps\Reset_AppInit_DLLs.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\RestartIt!.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\Restore_SafeBoot_Windows2000.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\Restore_SafeBoot_WindowsXP.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\Restore_SafeBoot_WindowsXP_SP2.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\Restore_SafeBoot_WindowsXP_SP3.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\Restore_SecurityCenter.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\Restore_SharedAccess.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\sc.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\sed.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\SF.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\shutdown.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\srv2.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\srv2bk.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\svc.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\svcbk.txt
c:\sdfix\apps\Swreg.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\swsc.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\UnRAR.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\unzip.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\vfind.exe
c:\sdfix\apps\WINMSG.EXE
c:\sdfix\apps\winsec.reg
c:\sdfix\apps\zip.exe
c:\sdfix\backups\backupreg.zip
c:\sdfix\backups\backups.zip
c:\sdfix\backups\catchme.log
c:\sdfix\backups\catchme.zip
c:\sdfix\backups\HOSTS
c:\sdfix\catchme.exe
c:\sdfix\DBFix.bat
c:\sdfix\dummy.sys
c:\sdfix\Report.txt
c:\sdfix\RunThis.bat
c:\sdfix\SDFIX_ReadMe_Online.url
c:\sdfix\W2K_VirusAlert_Repair.inf
c:\sdfix\XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-12-18 to 2009-01-18 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2009-01-16 18:16 . 2009-01-16 18:16 578,560 --a------ c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\user32.dll
2009-01-16 18:06 . 2009-01-16 18:07 <DIR> d-------- c:\windows\ERUNT
2009-01-15 16:27 . 2009-01-15 16:27 21,504 --ahs---- c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\protect.dll
2009-01-15 07:34 . 2009-01-15 07:34 44,032 --a------ c:\windows\SYSTEM32\mcenspc.dll
2009-01-15 02:22 . 2009-01-15 02:22 21,504 --ahs---- c:\windows\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\systemprofile\protect.dll
2009-01-15 02:22 . 2009-01-15 02:22 21,504 --ahs---- c:\documents and settings\Larry\protect.dll
2008-12-28 17:44 . 2008-12-28 17:44 <DIR> d-------- c:\program files\Trend Micro

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2009-01-18 01:57 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Windows Defender
2009-01-18 01:52 --------- d-----w c:\program files\QuickTime
2009-01-18 01:52 --------- d-----w c:\program files\DellSupport
2009-01-17 14:43 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common
2009-01-17 01:51 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2009-01-17 01:51 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2009-01-09 19:21 45,824 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Larry\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2009-01-03 05:50 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Google
2008-12-14 20:47 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Lavasoft
2008-12-14 20:46 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-12-13 06:40 3,593,216 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\mshtml.dll
2008-12-11 13:31 410,984 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\deploytk.dll
2008-12-11 13:31 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Java
2008-12-11 10:57 333,952 ----a-w c:\windows\system32\drivers\srv.sys
2008-12-11 10:57 333,952 ------w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\srv.sys
2008-11-21 01:59 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Codec Pack - All In 1
2008-11-21 01:57 737,280 ----a-w c:\windows\iun6002.exe
2008-11-20 22:37 --------- d-----w c:\program files\QuickTime Alternative
2008-11-20 22:37 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer
2008-11-20 22:35 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Common Files\AVSMedia
2008-11-20 22:35 --------- d-----w c:\program files\AVS4YOU
2008-11-20 22:27 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\Larry\Application Data\AVS4YOU
2008-11-20 22:26 --------- d-----w c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\AVS4YOU
2008-11-20 18:55 --------- d-----w c:\program files\Windows Media Connect 2
2008-11-06 00:11 3,082 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\affv208325p1now.sys
2008-11-05 23:41 356,352 ----a-w c:\windows\eSellerateEngine.dll
2008-10-24 11:21 455,296 ------w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\mrxsmb.sys
2008-10-23 12:36 286,720 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\gdi32.dll
2008-10-23 12:36 286,720 ------w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\gdi32.dll
2008-10-21 01:28 3,527 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\TDSSdbcj.dll
2008-05-17 19:42 61,224 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Puring\GoToAssistDownloadHelper.exe
2008-02-06 19:12 68,512 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Larry\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT
2007-10-24 00:08 640 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Puring\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
2007-10-14 02:48 3,376 ----a-w c:\documents and settings\Agnes\Application Data\wklnhst.dat

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( snapshot@2009-01-17_ 7.16.11.90 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
- 2008-04-14 00:12:16 15,360 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\ctfmon.exe
+ 2004-08-04 10:00:00 15,360 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\ctfmon.exe
+ 2004-08-04 10:00:00 15,360 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\ctfmon.exe364219114
+ 2004-08-04 10:00:00 15,360 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\ctfmon.exe62002372
+ 2004-08-13 06:05:00 122,939 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
+ 2004-08-04 10:00:00 15,360 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\ctfmon.exe
+ 2005-09-20 17:32:24 77,824 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\hkcmd.exe
+ 2005-09-20 17:36:20 114,688 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\igfxpers.exe
+ 2005-09-20 17:35:40 94,208 ----a-w c:\windows\SYSTEM32\igfxtray.exe
+ 2009-01-17 15:32:09 16,384 ----atw c:\windows\Temp\Perflib_Perfdata_f4.dat
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"MSMSGS"="c:\program files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [2008-04-13 1695232]
"ctfmon.exe"="c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 15360]
"updateMgr"="c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" [2006-03-30 313472]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"dscactivate"="c:\program files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe" [2007-11-15 16384]
"DellSupportCenter"="c:\program files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" [2007-11-15 202544]
"{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}"="c:\program files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe" [2005-07-15 479232]
"HP Software Update"="c:\program files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe" [2007-05-08 54840]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="c:\program files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" [2008-12-11 136600]

c:\documents and settings\Larry\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
ChkDisk.dll [2009-01-15 21504]
ChkDisk.lnk - c:\windows\SYSTEM32\rundll32.exe [2004-08-04 33280]
OpenOffice.org 3.0.lnk - c:\program files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe [2008-09-12 384000]

c:\documents and settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - c:\program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 29696]
America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk - c:\program files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe [2004-10-22 36953]
Microsoft Office.lnk - c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE [2001-02-12 83360]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\GoToAssist]
2008-05-17 11:42 10536 c:\program files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2awinlogon.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
SecurityProviders msapsspc.dll, schannel.dll, digest.dll, msnsspc.dll, mcenspc.dll

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"c:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM32\\LEXPPS.EXE"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Real\\RealPlayer\\realplay.exe"=
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
"c:\\Program Files\\Homestead\\Homestead Professional\\Editor\\homestead.exe"=

R3 PRISM_USB;Dell TrueMobile 1180 Wireless USB Adapter;c:\windows\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\DELUSB_51.sys [2004-11-07 606208]
R4 WinDefend;Windows Defender;c:\program files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe [2006-11-03 13592]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
HPZ12 REG_MULTI_SZ Pml Driver HPZ12 Net Driver HPZ12

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\F]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{5ea2359e-28d8-11dd-87ce-00904b2109c1}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{fced9f51-ffe0-11db-8781-00904b2109c1}]
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2009-01-16 c:\windows\Tasks\AppleSoftwareUpdate.job
- c:\program files\Apple Software Update\SoftwareUpdate.exe [2008-07-30 12:34]

2009-01-17 c:\windows\Tasks\MP Scheduled Scan.job
- c:\program files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe [2006-11-03 18:20]
- - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKLM-Run-c:\windows\system32\kdevg.exe - c:\windows\system32\kdevg.exe

------- Supplementary Scan -------
uStart Page = hxxp://co106w.col106.mail.live.com/mail/InboxLight.aspx?FolderID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001&InboxSortAscending=False&InboxSortBy=Date&n=938533822
uSearchMigratedDefaultURL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&ie=utf8&oe=utf8
mStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com
uInternet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = iexplore
uSearchURL,(Default) = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q=%s
IE: {{d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html

O16 -: Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file:///C:/WINDOWS/Java/classes/xmldso.cab
c:\windows\Downloaded Program Files\Microsoft XML Parser for Java.osd
FF - ProfilePath -

catchme 0.3.1367 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-01-17 17:57:10

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

hidden files: 0

--------------------- DLLs Loaded Under Running Processes ---------------------

- - - - - - - > 'winlogon.exe'(844)
c:\program files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll
c:\windows\system32\igfxdev.dll
Completion time: 2009-01-17 18:00:36
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2009-01-18 01:59:49
ComboFix2.txt 2009-01-17 15:22:37

Pre-Run: 58,202,546,176 bytes free
Post-Run: 58,170,519,552 bytes free

265 --- E O F --- 2009-01-17 00:21:52

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33
Database version: 1665

1/18/2009 6:44:41 AM
mbam-log-2009-01-18 (06-44-41).txt

Objects scanned: 130209
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 43 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Registry Values Infected: 1
Files Infected: 3

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\main.bho.1 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\rhcce1j0elfn (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Common\_helper.dll (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ChkDisk.lnk (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TDSSdbcj.dll (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Scan saved at 6:53:07 AM, on 1/18/2009

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\conime.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe /install /silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 3.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecall/applet/html/native/x86/win32/activex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5AA5A569-F96F-4628-A528-8B3698F558BB} (HS_live Control) - http://install.homestead.com/~site/InstallFiles/SIFiles/lpxlive/HS_live.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: GoToAssist - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

--
End of file - 5703 bytes

pskelley
2009-01-18, 16:07
Everything went fairly smoothly, and the computer seems to run OK.
Indeed it seems all went well and combofix repaired the AWF infection. Before I give you closing information for this computer, please post the uninstall list so I can have a look.

Post also an uninstall list: Open Hijackthis.
Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
Click the "Save list..." Button.
Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.
Image: http://img.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/hijackthis/uninstall-man.jpg

Thanks...Phil

GeorgeB
2009-01-18, 16:25
Here's the list.

Ad-Aware
Ad-Aware SE Personal
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Reader 7.0.9
Adobe Reader Chinese Simplified Fonts
America Online (Choose which version to remove)
AOL Coach Version 1.0(Build:20030807.3)
Apple Software Update
Codec Pack - All In 1 6.0.3.0
Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office system
Dell Digital Jukebox Driver
Dell Driver Reset Tool
Dell Media Experience
Dell Support Center
DellSupport
EarthLink Setup Files
Get High Speed Internet!
Google Earth
Google Gmail Notifier
GoToAssist 8.0.0.514
HijackThis 2.0.2
Homestead SiteBuilder
Hotfix for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB947864)
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 11 (KB939683)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)
HP Color LaserJet 3600 (02/27/2007 61.063.461.41)
HP Update
Intel(R) 537EP V9x DF PCI Modem
Intel(R) Extreme Graphics 2 Driver
Intel(R) PRO Network Adapters and Drivers
Intel(R) PROSet for Wired Connections
Internet Explorer Default Page
IrfanView (remove only)
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
Jasc Paint Shop Photo Album
Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 Dell Edition
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
Java(TM) 6 Update 11
Java(TM) 6 Update 2
Java(TM) 6 Update 3
Java(TM) 6 Update 7
LaserJet 1020 series
Learn2 Player (Uninstall Only)
Lexmark Supplies Monitor
Lexmark Z25-Z35
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2004
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft Money 2004
Microsoft Money 2004 System Pack
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Picture It! Photo 7.0
Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 9
Microsoft Plus! Digital Media Edition Installer
Microsoft Plus! Photo Story 2 LE
Microsoft Streets and Trips 2004
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Word 2002
Microsoft Works
Microsoft Works 2004 Setup Launcher
Microsoft Works Suite Add-in for Microsoft Word
Modem Event Monitor
Modem Helper
Modem On Hold
Mozilla Firefox (3.0.3)
MSN
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
Musicmatch for Windows Media Player
MUSICMATCHR Jukebox
OpenOffice.org 3.0
Opera 9.60
OrderReminder HP LaserJet 1020
PowerDVD 5.3
Qualxserve Service Agreement
QuickTime Alternative 2.7.0
RealPlayer
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB898458)
Security Update for Step By Step Interactive Training (KB923723)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB928090)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB931768)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB939653)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB950759)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB953838)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB956390)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB958215)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB960714)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB952069)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB911565)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB954154)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956391)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958687)
Shockwave
Sonic DLA
Sonic RecordNow!
Sonic Update Manager
Update for Windows XP (KB951072-v2)
Update for Windows XP (KB951978)
Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
Viewpoint Media Player
WinAVI Video Converter
Windows Defender
Windows Media Player 10
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player 11
Windows XP Service Pack 3

pskelley
2009-01-18, 16:40
Uninstall list: I look for malware and security issues and will not know all of your programs, but you should.
Hackers are using out of date programs to infect folks more and more,
Here is a small free tool that lets you know when something needs an update if you are interested:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal/ While PSI runs in the System Tray for realtime notifications, I personally prefer to turn it off in MSConfig and run it from All Programs when I want to do a check.

Adobe Reader 7.0.9 <<< out of date and unsafe, see this:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10081618-83.html?tag=nl.e433
http://www.filehippo.com/download_adobe_reader/
(if you want a smaller program, look at this one)
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Codec Pack - All In 1 6.0.3.0 <<< this is probably ok, but read this link about downloading codec:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=7344

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
All out of date and a bad security risk, see this:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=12880&postcount=2
Be aware of this information so you can opt out of anything you do not want.
Microsoft Does MSN Toolbar Distribution Deal With Java:
http://searchengineland.com/microsoft-does-msn-toolbar-distribution-deal-with-java-15413.php

Mozilla Firefox (3.0.3) <<< Firefox is out of date, if you are going to run programs, they must be kept up to date:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Viewpoint Media Player <<< suggest you uninstall:
For your information, Viewpoint is installed by aol probably without your knowledge.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/newsletter/archives/2005/nov4.php#viewpoint
http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_137262.htm

What are you going to run as the antivirus program?

Thanks

GeorgeB
2009-01-18, 19:55
Phil,

Here's the HJT Log you just requested.

BTW, Avast was unable to process my request for a move to the Virus Chest--something about not being able to read the name.

Larry

GeorgeB
2009-01-18, 19:56
No, here's the log.

Scan saved at 10:53:19 AM, on 1/18/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI\psi.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Foxit Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O4 - Startup: Secunia PSI.lnk = C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI\psi.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe

--
End of file - 6914 bytes

pskelley
2009-01-18, 20:11
Concerning this BHO and toolbar:
O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Foxit Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
Read this: http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/ask-toolbars/

We need to find out what this item is:
Google: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ChkDisk.dll&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=
There is a good possibility it is malware, to find out:

1) Make sure you can see all files and folders:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

2) You need to locate the file, use Search Companion.
Start > Search > click All Files and Folders
enter ChkDisk.dll into the search box and click search.
It may take a while, lots of files to search through.

When you have the location (write it down) then use one or more of these free online scanners to fine out what it is:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.virustotal.com/

Post that information.

Since Avast 4 is locating stuff it can not delete or quarantine, we need to run a scan to find out what is there and where:

Run this online scan using Internet Explorer:
Kaspersky Online Scanner from http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

Next Click on Launch Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.

* The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
* Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
* Now click on Scan Settings
* In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
* Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
* Standard
* Scan Options:
* Scan Archives
* Scan Mail Bases
* Click OK
* Now under select a target to scan:
* Select My Computer
* This will program will start and scan your system.
* The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
* Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
* Now click on the Save as Text button:
* Save the file to your desktop.

Then post it here.

Thanks

GeorgeB
2009-01-19, 01:13
It took a while, but here are the reports. It seems we've seen and deleted Qoobox before, no?

Larry

First scan: C:\docs and settings\larry\start menu\programs\start up
Second scan: C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\start menu\programs\startup

Neither Jotti"s nor Kaspersky found anything, but look at:

Virus Total (Bingo):

File ChkDisk.dll received on 01.18.2009 22:00:55 (CET)
Current status: Loading ... queued waiting scanning finished NOT FOUND STOPPED

Result: 1/39 (2.57%)
Loading server information...
Your file is queued in position: ___.
Estimated start time is between ___ and ___ .
Do not close the window until scan is complete.
The scanner that was processing your file is stopped at this moment, we are going to wait a few seconds to try to recover your result.
If you are waiting for more than five minutes you have to resend your file.
Your file is being scanned by VirusTotal in this moment,
results will be shown as they're generated.
Compact Print results
Your file has expired or does not exists.
Service is stopped in this moments, your file is waiting to be scanned (position: ) for an undefined time.

You can wait for web response (automatic reload) or type your email in the form below and click "request" so the system sends you a notification when the scan is finished.
Email:

Antivirus Version Last Update Result
a-squared 4.0.0.73 2009.01.18 -
AhnLab-V3 2009.1.15.0 2009.01.17 -
AntiVir 7.9.0.57 2009.01.18 -
Authentium 5.1.0.4 2009.01.18 -
Avast 4.8.1281.0 2009.01.16 -
AVG 8.0.0.229 2009.01.18 -
BitDefender 7.2 2009.01.18 -
CAT-QuickHeal 10.00 2009.01.17 -
ClamAV 0.94.1 2009.01.18 -
Comodo 935 2009.01.18 -
DrWeb 4.44.0.09170 2009.01.18 -
eSafe 7.0.17.0 2009.01.18 -
eTrust-Vet 31.6.6312 2009.01.17 -
F-Prot 4.4.4.56 2009.01.18 -
F-Secure 8.0.14470.0 2009.01.18 -
Fortinet 3.117.0.0 2009.01.15 -
GData 19 2009.01.18 -
Ikarus T3.1.1.45.0 2009.01.18 -
K7AntiVirus 7.10.594 2009.01.17 -
Kaspersky 7.0.0.125 2009.01.18 -
McAfee 5499 2009.01.18 -
McAfee+Artemis 5499 2009.01.18 -
Microsoft 1.4205 2009.01.18 -
NOD32 3774 2009.01.17 -
Norman 5.93.01 2009.01.16 -
nProtect 2009.1.8.0 2009.01.16 -
Panda 9.5.1.2 2009.01.18 -
PCTools 4.4.2.0 2009.01.18 -
Prevx1 V2 2009.01.18 Malicious Software
Rising 21.12.62.00 2009.01.18 -
SecureWeb-Gateway 6.7.6 2009.01.18 -
Sophos 4.37.0 2009.01.18 -
Sunbelt 3.2.1835.2 2009.01.16 -
Symantec 10 2009.01.18 -
TheHacker 6.3.1.5.223 2009.01.18 -
TrendMicro 8.700.0.1004 2009.01.16 -
VBA32 3.12.8.10 2009.01.18 -
ViRobot 2009.1.17.1563 2009.01.17 -
VirusBuster 4.5.11.0 2009.01.18 -
Additional information
File size: 21504 bytes
MD5...: fdc75beebef7cf9c9bc0e029b643d402
SHA1..: 8a6e806243b5a19f7b671023bec8404d936b1232
SHA256: e93cacf95d4082906fbfc47b983c973efe288704aff201480c2818d3935894d2
SHA512: b7dae909a8f9db6b45b42dec7e09b2ae4d5455b6395449ed453e39bfa245ca9a
18f3afb2c7d3daf4e3e3c8ddf46350d52ca135f495e0ec1cd6fbb53dd6bb38ff

ssdeep: 384:TCa23DU/bccmF5aAn9QUEK9X3Ybo0CDTi9xbTpRzDaA1S:+mzdmTaHUP9bJ6
l/zDa

PEiD..: -
TrID..: File type identification
Win32 Executable Generic (42.3%)
Win32 Dynamic Link Library (generic) (37.6%)
Generic Win/DOS Executable (9.9%)
DOS Executable Generic (9.9%)
Autodesk FLIC Image File (extensions: flc, fli, cel) (0.0%)
PEInfo: PE Structure information

( base data )
entrypointaddress.: 0x10002d70
timedatestamp.....: 0x496e3018 (Wed Jan 14 18:34:00 2009)
machinetype.......: 0x14c (I386)

( 3 sections )
name viradd virsiz rawdsiz ntrpy md5
.bss 0x1000 0x231 0x0 0.00 d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
.data 0x2000 0x4b73 0x4c00 6.42 2c65682fcc900d89979b5419d3373b32
.reloc 0x7000 0x384 0x400 5.68 b948e38ac44f68f57f0c605e7a32af05

( 7 imports )
> KERNEL32.dll: GetProcAddress, LoadLibraryA, GetModuleHandleA, GetFileAttributesA, SetFileAttributesA, DeleteFileA, GetShortPathNameA, ExpandEnvironmentStringsA, GetModuleFileNameA, MultiByteToWideChar, VirtualAllocEx, CloseHandle, ReadFile, GetFileSize, WriteFile, SetFilePointer, HeapAlloc, GetProcessHeap, HeapFree, HeapReAlloc, HeapSize, ReadProcessMemory, VirtualFreeEx, CreateFileA, WriteProcessMemory
> USER32.dll: DispatchMessageA, TranslateMessage, GetMessageA, SetWindowsHookExA, CallNextHookEx
> ADVAPI32.dll: RegCloseKey, RegCreateKeyExA, RegSetValueExA
> SHELL32.dll: SHGetPathFromIDListA, SHGetSpecialFolderLocation, SHGetMalloc
> ole32.dll: CoCreateInstance
> WS2_32.dll: -, -
> SHLWAPI.dll: StrStrA

( 6 exports )
_IWMPEvents@16, calloc, free, malloc, memmove, realloc

Prevx info: <a href='http://info.prevx.com/aboutprogramtext.asp?PX5=6C1EB5F6007B59005426005289C50C00E14ABC8D' target='_blank'>http://info.prevx.com/aboutprogramtext.asp?PX5=6C1EB5F6007B59005426005289C50C00E14ABC8D</a>

ATTENTION: VirusTotal is a free service offered by Hispasec Sistemas. There are no guarantees about the availability and continuity of this service. Although the detection rate afforded by the use of multiple antivirus engines is far superior to that offered by just one product, these results DO NOT guarantee the harmlessness of a file. Currently, there is not any solution that offers a 100% effectiveness rate for detecting viruses and malware.

File ChkDisk.dll received on 01.18.2009 22:07:00 (CET)
Current status: Loading ... queued waiting scanning finished NOT FOUND STOPPED

Result: 1/39 (2.57%)
Loading server information...
Your file is queued in position: ___.
Estimated start time is between ___ and ___ .
Do not close the window until scan is complete.
The scanner that was processing your file is stopped at this moment, we are going to wait a few seconds to try to recover your result.
If you are waiting for more than five minutes you have to resend your file.
Your file is being scanned by VirusTotal in this moment,
results will be shown as they're generated.
Compact Print results
Your file has expired or does not exists.
Service is stopped in this moments, your file is waiting to be scanned (position: ) for an undefined time.

You can wait for web response (automatic reload) or type your email in the form below and click "request" so the system sends you a notification when the scan is finished.
Email:

Antivirus Version Last Update Result
a-squared 4.0.0.73 2009.01.18 -
AhnLab-V3 2009.1.15.0 2009.01.17 -
AntiVir 7.9.0.57 2009.01.18 -
Authentium 5.1.0.4 2009.01.18 -
Avast 4.8.1281.0 2009.01.16 -
AVG 8.0.0.229 2009.01.18 -
BitDefender 7.2 2009.01.18 -
CAT-QuickHeal 10.00 2009.01.17 -
ClamAV 0.94.1 2009.01.18 -
Comodo 935 2009.01.18 -
DrWeb 4.44.0.09170 2009.01.18 -
eSafe 7.0.17.0 2009.01.18 -
eTrust-Vet 31.6.6312 2009.01.17 -
F-Prot 4.4.4.56 2009.01.18 -
F-Secure 8.0.14470.0 2009.01.18 -
Fortinet 3.117.0.0 2009.01.15 -
GData 19 2009.01.18 -
Ikarus T3.1.1.45.0 2009.01.18 -
K7AntiVirus 7.10.594 2009.01.17 -
Kaspersky 7.0.0.125 2009.01.18 -
McAfee 5499 2009.01.18 -
McAfee+Artemis 5499 2009.01.18 -
Microsoft 1.4205 2009.01.18 -
NOD32 3774 2009.01.17 -
Norman 5.93.01 2009.01.16 -
nProtect 2009.1.8.0 2009.01.16 -
Panda 9.5.1.2 2009.01.18 -
PCTools 4.4.2.0 2009.01.18 -
Prevx1 V2 2009.01.18 Malicious Software
Rising 21.12.62.00 2009.01.18 -
SecureWeb-Gateway 6.7.6 2009.01.18 -
Sophos 4.37.0 2009.01.18 -
Sunbelt 3.2.1835.2 2009.01.16 -
Symantec 10 2009.01.18 -
TheHacker 6.3.1.5.223 2009.01.18 -
TrendMicro 8.700.0.1004 2009.01.16 -
VBA32 3.12.8.10 2009.01.18 -
ViRobot 2009.1.17.1563 2009.01.17 -
VirusBuster 4.5.11.0 2009.01.18 -
Additional information
File size: 21504 bytes
MD5...: fdc75beebef7cf9c9bc0e029b643d402
SHA1..: 8a6e806243b5a19f7b671023bec8404d936b1232
SHA256: e93cacf95d4082906fbfc47b983c973efe288704aff201480c2818d3935894d2
SHA512: b7dae909a8f9db6b45b42dec7e09b2ae4d5455b6395449ed453e39bfa245ca9a
18f3afb2c7d3daf4e3e3c8ddf46350d52ca135f495e0ec1cd6fbb53dd6bb38ff

ssdeep: 384:TCa23DU/bccmF5aAn9QUEK9X3Ybo0CDTi9xbTpRzDaA1S:+mzdmTaHUP9bJ6
l/zDa

PEiD..: -
TrID..: File type identification
Win32 Executable Generic (42.3%)
Win32 Dynamic Link Library (generic) (37.6%)
Generic Win/DOS Executable (9.9%)
DOS Executable Generic (9.9%)
Autodesk FLIC Image File (extensions: flc, fli, cel) (0.0%)
PEInfo: PE Structure information

( base data )
entrypointaddress.: 0x10002d70
timedatestamp.....: 0x496e3018 (Wed Jan 14 18:34:00 2009)
machinetype.......: 0x14c (I386)

( 3 sections )
name viradd virsiz rawdsiz ntrpy md5
.bss 0x1000 0x231 0x0 0.00 d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
.data 0x2000 0x4b73 0x4c00 6.42 2c65682fcc900d89979b5419d3373b32
.reloc 0x7000 0x384 0x400 5.68 b948e38ac44f68f57f0c605e7a32af05

( 7 imports )
> KERNEL32.dll: GetProcAddress, LoadLibraryA, GetModuleHandleA, GetFileAttributesA, SetFileAttributesA, DeleteFileA, GetShortPathNameA, ExpandEnvironmentStringsA, GetModuleFileNameA, MultiByteToWideChar, VirtualAllocEx, CloseHandle, ReadFile, GetFileSize, WriteFile, SetFilePointer, HeapAlloc, GetProcessHeap, HeapFree, HeapReAlloc, HeapSize, ReadProcessMemory, VirtualFreeEx, CreateFileA, WriteProcessMemory
> USER32.dll: DispatchMessageA, TranslateMessage, GetMessageA, SetWindowsHookExA, CallNextHookEx
> ADVAPI32.dll: RegCloseKey, RegCreateKeyExA, RegSetValueExA
> SHELL32.dll: SHGetPathFromIDListA, SHGetSpecialFolderLocation, SHGetMalloc
> ole32.dll: CoCreateInstance
> WS2_32.dll: -, -
> SHLWAPI.dll: StrStrA

( 6 exports )
_IWMPEvents@16, calloc, free, malloc, memmove, realloc

Prevx info: <a href='http://info.prevx.com/aboutprogramtext.asp?PX5=6C1EB5F6007B59005426005289C50C00E14ABC8D' target='_blank'>http://info.prevx.com/aboutprogramtext.asp?PX5=6C1EB5F6007B59005426005289C50C00E14ABC8D</a>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Sunday, January 18, 2009 20:17:08
Records in database: 1643542
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
Scan using the following database: extended
Scan archives: yes
Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
A:\
C:\
D:\
E:\

Scan statistics:
Files scanned: 81231
Threat name: 1
Infected objects: 1
Suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan: 01:37:49

File name / Threat name / Threats count
C:\Qoobox\Quarantine\C\SDFix\backups\backups.zip.vir Infected: Worm.Win32.AutoRun.vja 1

The selected area was scanned.

pskelley
2009-01-19, 01:32
C:\Qoobox is where combofix quarantines what it removes, If you have completed any of these instructions, you can skip them. Once you are finished, let me know how the computer is running. If everything is OK we will close this topic.

Remove combofix from the computer like this:

Click START then RUN
Now type or copy Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK.
Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z176/EPL47/CF_Cleanup.png

Clean the System Restore files like this:

Turn off System Restore.
Click Properties.
Check Turn off System Restore.

Reboot

Turn ON System Restore,
Click Properties.
UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*.

Update MBAM and scan to be sure we missed none of the junk, there is no need to post a clean scan result.
(MBAM is yours to keep if you wish, update it and run it once a month or so)

Update Avast4 and scan the system, to be sure it is running right and scanning clean.

If all is well at this point, let me know and I will close the topic.

Some good information for you:
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/slowcomputer.html
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/mcgill1.mspx

Here is some great information from experts in this field that will help you stay clean and safe online.
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/prevention.html
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html
http://cybercoyote.org/security/not-admin.shtml

http://www.malwarecomplaints.info/

Thanks...pskelley
Safer Networking Forums
http://www.spybot.info/en/donate/index.html
If you are reading this information...thank a teacher,
If you are reading it in English...thank a soldier.

http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/Links.html

GeorgeB
2009-01-19, 20:35
Neither MBAM nor Avast discloses any more problems.

The Chckdisk.dll was in both C;\Documents and Settings and in C:\Windows. I was able to bore down to into the final folder, but the app is now missing, and Search cannot find it either even after "unhiding" the files.

I have hid those files again and re-installed Windows Firewall and Defender. Avast is updated and running.

In order to use the edit function of the FoxReader I had to agree to accepting the Foxit search/toolbar. It subtracts a quarter-inch from content, but I can live with it.

This computer 2 seems to run OK.

Here's the current TJT Log:

Scan saved at 11:27:39 AM, on 1/19/2009

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI\psi.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\conime.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AProcessFactory.exe

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-652226964-852986960-969961505-1007\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background (User 'Puring')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-652226964-852986960-969961505-1007\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'Puring')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-652226964-852986960-969961505-1007\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter (User 'Puring')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-652226964-852986960-969961505-1007\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe (User 'Puring')
O4 - Startup: Secunia PSI.lnk = C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI\psi.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2iexp.dll

--
End of file - 7751 bytes

pskelley
2009-01-19, 20:54
In order to use the edit function of the FoxReader I had to agree to accepting the Foxit search/toolbar. It subtracts a quarter-inch from content, but I can live with it.
You saw this:

I don't like to compromise and were it me I would probably continue with Adobe even through it is ten times the size as Foxit. Seems also about everything anymore give a choice between HTML and PDF to open it. That gets to be your decision.

Just fyi, here is why I don't like that toolbar:
http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/ask-toolbars/

Since I already posted closing information for the first computer, I will just close this thread. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks...Phil