PDA

View Full Version : Help

CarolJA
2009-01-06, 00:45
I thought I was downloading Spybot 2009 and what came up was STOPzilla. Now It won`t allow me to uninstall it. What can I do?

tashi
2009-01-06, 02:12
Hello,

I thought I was downloading Spybot 2009 and what came up was STOPzilla. Now It won`t allow me to uninstall it. What can I do?

Spybot 2009 is a rip off rogue and not our program Spybot-S&D.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html

Have you tried removing the program you do not wish to have installed via ADD/REMOVE Programs?

Best regards.

CarolJA
2009-01-06, 03:17
Yes, I went into my control panel and it just won`t let me uninstall this program. On my old computer Weatherbug downloaded itself and the same thing happened. Thanks for any input.

tashi
2009-01-06, 03:44
Hi CarolJA,

Your operating system please.

Are you using P2P (file sharing) programs.

Which security programs are installed on the PC, for instance an anti-virus program, firewall, please name them. :)

Cheers.

CarolJA
2009-01-06, 03:44
I solved my problem by doing a system restore. Thank you for your consideration. I just thought Spybot 2009 was just going by a new name. I suppose you can tell I am not too computer savvy. :red:

tashi
2009-01-06, 03:49
Hi there,

I solved my problem by doing a system restore. Thank you for your consideration. I just thought Spybot 2009 was just going by a new name. I suppose you can tell I am not too computer savvy. :red:

No problem. :)

Just so you know, if the computer is ever infected do not turn off System Restore. Doing so would only serve to destroy a known restore point and won't remove the malware.

Best regards.