PDA

View Full Version : BRASTK.EXE and spybot puzzle.

marioz988
2009-01-06, 09:07
To Whom It May Concern :

I am on XP and McAfee and Spybot installed

I am subscibed to McAfee since years and a daily updaiting.

I am reading your posting and think that i wrote your message.I tried all the above and more and more from other suggestions

And I got this brastk.exe twice

And I had to format my hard disk Twice.

Nothing worked for me.

I am sorry to say that McAfee and spybot failed me big time......!
I cannot take it anymore.
this brastk.exe is lingering on the net since OCTOBER 2008 and nothing was done against it.

That's not fair for Spybot clients !!!!!!!!!!!?

To make my story short : I shifted for trial basis to NORTON ANTIVIRUS

I know it is a big program and a bit intrusive but i am confident up to now that it is doing the job.

drragostea
2009-01-06, 23:39
That's where prevention and protection comes in.

Are you still having trouble with Brastk?

md usa spybot fan
2009-01-07, 06:10
marioz988:

Suggested reading:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279

marioz988
2009-01-08, 10:57
That's where prevention and protection comes in.

Are you still having trouble with Brastk?

I didn't get you..
what more protection you suggest more than relying on McAfee and Spybot ?????

I had to FORMAT as I said above twice............!!

Matt
2009-01-08, 21:40
I didn't get you..
what more protection you suggest more than relying on McAfee and Spybot ?????

I had to FORMAT as I said above twice............!!

Calm down. :) We only want to help, nothing else. ;)

Probably, you got this Malware on your Pc because your software wasn't up to date. Sometimes, it's not enough having security software installed. It must be up to date (it was in your case, I know), but same with java or your internet browser for example. md usa spybot fan already gave you a link where you can find a lot of important information. ;)

The antivirus-tool AntiVir can detect and remove this malware as far as I know.

I'm sad that you now use Norton AntiVirus :sad:, because I think good security software can be freeware. :) AntiVir, Spybot or HiJackThis are good examples therefore. There are many many more out there. ;)

After reformating two times, is this malware still on your pc or is it away?

Before formating your hard disk there was the possibility to open a new thread in the Malware Removal Forum here for example. Did you do that? Or did you sent a report to Spybot to add this malware to the database?

drragostea
2009-01-09, 02:43
Calm down. :) We only want to help, nothing else. ;)
After reformating two times, is this malware still on your pc or is it away?
Thanks Matt.

this brastk.exe is lingering on the net since OCTOBER 2008 and nothing was done against it.
This is where prevention and decisions come in. Like some users, who use cracks and warez despite knowing what the consequences are continue to use it.

There is too many variants and garbage because Brastk continues to evolve and change again and again.

marioz988
2009-01-14, 09:47
Matt, drragostea.

Thanks for your responses.

I am always up to date with my McAfee, Java and Spybot.. Maybe sometimes I check twice for each to see if everything is up to date.
And no, after formatting nothing remains of the virus but i got it another time after the first format.
I think i told McAfee about it and on this forum i posted twice about it.
McAfee gave me a program ''antimalwarebytes'' which i thought worked fine then the Brastk took over it.
It is sad that i paid dearly to Norton for protection ( which by the way i dont like it much !!)

And i dont use (always) cracks and (never) warez

I know there is much garbage on the net but we dont expect us to stay at Microsoft, PCMag, IBM or sites alike. !!

Frankly i think Spybot and McAfee were late to find a cure for Brastk and i dont know if by now they did.......!