PDA

View Full Version : Help! My screen is now blank.

beavjack
2009-01-06, 09:27
I thought I could manually take out the malware but now it's worse.

My wife initially received these popups (I still get them): "18 Trojans were found on your machine! !!!!Warning! Your system is at risk! !!!Free Virus Scan!!!!" The link indicates http:// real-av.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?cod==7.
Anyhow, it would let spybot run a scan. it would let us update our virus scan, also. A computer person/friend sent me a link to www. scanspyware.net which i ran their free scan, but, I tried to delete the detections myself. it didn't work. now when i boot up, the screen is blank....now, i'm not sure what to do. there are no icons or start button. when i somehow get online via control/alt/delete, the "18 trojans were detected...." still shows up .

Help

beavjack
2009-01-06, 10:12
the screen is blank.

and what my wife told me was that she couldn't run spybot for some reason.

I thought I deleted all of the HKey registry errors noted via scan spyware.

but, the trouble began when I tried and I thought I did delete the two files.

c:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Fonts - (Action to be taken : Quarantine_ - blongs to "GTBOT.A"

C:\WINDOWS\system32\init32.exe - (39b1ffb03c2296323832acbae50d2aff) - (Action to be taken ; Quarantine) - belongs to "Wareout"

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\(2E8EAC71-BFE4-417A-88f0-5A1BDFBCF5D3)\setup.ibt - (215e09b8902b9ae233dc74dcd4a8b125) - (Action to be taken : Quarantine) - belongs to "SpyRemover"

I just went into windows explorer and tried to delete these items. i did find c:Windows\system32\init32 so i deleted it.

i could not find the installshield so i did a search and a file came up as c:\program files\installshield installation information\(2E8EAC71-BFE4-417A-88f0-5A1BDFBCF5D3) so i deleted it.

I rebooted and the screen was blank. I must have done something wrong or deleted something else.

tashi
2009-01-06, 20:20
Hello beavjack,

A computer person/friend sent me a link to www. scanspyware.net which i ran their free scan, but, I tried to delete the detections myself. it didn't work. now when i boot up, the screen is blank....now, i'm not sure what to do. there are no icons or start button.

I just went into windows explorer and tried to delete these items. i did find c:Windows\system32\init32 so i deleted it.

i could not find the installshield so i did a search and a file came up as c:\program files\installshield installation information\(2E8EAC71-BFE4-417A-88f0-5A1BDFBCF5D3) so i deleted it.

I rebooted and the screen was blank. I must have done something wrong or deleted something else.

Apprantly the PC was infected by a rogue program, then your friend sent you to a program which I am unfamiliar with.
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/scanspyware.net.

With your own self fixing, I'm afraid it would be difficult to know what has been done to the machine at this point. :sad:

beavjack
2009-01-07, 00:18
Tashi,

great...... he sent me a bad site, it seems. should i just turn it off and get someone to fix it since i have blue screen?

John

Apprantly the PC was infected by a rogue program, then your friend sent you to a program which I am unfamiliar with.

With your own self fixing, I'm afraid it would be difficult to know what has been done to the machine at this point. :sad:[/quote]

tashi
2009-01-07, 00:43
Hi John,

Do you have CDs for the operating system, you might be able to do a repair from them.

Tashi,

great...... he sent me a bad site, it seems. should i just turn it off and get someone to fix it since i have blue screen?

John

With your own self fixing, I'm afraid it would be difficult to know what has been done to the machine at this point. :sad:

beavjack
2009-01-07, 01:02
Tashi,

I'm pretty sure we do, but, I'll check, tonight.

Thanks,

John

Hi John,

Do you have CDs for the operating system, you might be able to do a repair from them.