PDA

View Full Version : Wild Tangent Executable Jar

Randal
2009-01-06, 16:25
I am new to this whole process. I downloaded and installed SpyBot yesterday and ran a first scan. It detected Wild Tangent Executable Jar, Wild Tangent candy, Wild Tangent visualizations stuff. My friend who is very knowledgable assured me that when running in default mode anything which turns up in red in the results is ok to delete. I did so, and it was not easy as after the first scan and attempted removal SpyBot was able to remove all but one item which it thought was in memory so I selected scan after reboot. This bootup scan took much longer and appeared to remove the last remaining Wild Tangent item. My concern is that when trying to watch a trailer for the movie Bedtime Stories the trailer on two sites was freezing quite a bit. I was able to watch the trailer on the Disney site and the iTunes site without problem. Are the Wild Tangent files which I allowed SpyBot to remove involved with viewing movie trailers, and did I make a mistake by removing these items? I really appreciate any information which you can offer.
Randal

Shaba
2009-01-07, 13:57
Hello Randal

Please see this (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) next

Please follow the instructions in the above thread and then start a fresh topic with the logs required.

Regards.