PDA

View Full Version : Tea Timer not Installing

william123
2009-01-06, 19:01
I have a Dell laptop with WinXP. When installing Spybot, Tea Timer will not install. The icon appears for a short while and then disappears. In addition, a window appears when re-booting containing the Spybot installation icon, which after clicked and everything is re-installed the above re-occurs!

There is no sign of the TT in Windows Task Manager, but all other aspects Spybot functions correctly. I have tried removing all old Spybot files and installing a fresh download, but with no success.

Many thanks for any advice or assistance,

William123

md usa spybot fan
2009-01-06, 22:41
william123:

Is it a question of TeaTimer not installing properly or not starting properly or failing after it is started?

You could try this version of TeaTimer that was written to correct the disappearing icon problem:
TeaTimer.exe (Version 1.6.4.26)
http://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=42

william123
2009-01-25, 12:51
Dear md usa spybot fan,

Many thanks for your advice. The Dell laptop belongs to a friend, hence the delay in replying.

On second inspection I discovered that the initial Spybot download file had been saved in another folder which I had not spotted. It would appear that this installation file was activated each time the computer was booted, which caused the installation prompt to appear and the conflict with T Timer. Deleting the old download file cured the problem instantly on reboot.

Regards,

William123