PDA

View Full Version : Fraud.XPAntivirus

SBPTI8
2009-01-08, 20:00
Attempting to clean up a computer filled with trojans.

I'm getting a constant find of Fraud.XPAntivirus from the Spybot run. I've never dealt with the HijackThis program that i see used often on here. I work for a PC tech department, but I am an intern currently in school, so i apologize in advance for any 'dumb questions' :oops:. I've looked around the site and I've seen plenty of useful information and i hope to learn a lot from these forums.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Baabiouz
2009-01-13, 18:31
Hello

Apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

Let's Download HijackThis:

Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTInstall.exe
Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.