PDA

View Full Version : Opera Cookies

moldybagel23
2006-05-10, 15:22
I know that spybot does a great job at finding harmful cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. What about Opera?

I use Opera as my internet browser. In a future update, will spybot find Opera cookies or am I on my own for that?

Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-10, 15:55
I personally don’t know if the detection and removal of Opera tracking cookies will be added to Spybot in the future. In the mean time, if you would like to prevent the storing of tracking cookies see the following article:
Why do other anti-spyware applications detect so many more tracking cookies?
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/37.html

noel-pr7
2006-05-15, 23:59
I know that spybot does a great job at finding harmful cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. What about Opera?

I use Opera as my internet browser. In a future update, will spybot find Opera cookies or am I on my own for that?

Thanks

what version of Opera browser are you using, moldybagel23? latest version I know of is Opera 8.54. I'm beta testing Opera 9.0.

On my WinME system, Spybot 1.4 does find some Opera cookies.

noel-pr7
2006-05-30, 23:42
You can also use the built-in Cookie Manager in the Opera browser to accept or reject cookies from certain web sites.

Still, moldybagel23 did not tell us which version of Opera browser he was using. He should be using at least version 8.5 of Opera (or better yet 8.54 to have the latest security fixes).

BTW - Beta 2 of Opera 9.0 had just came out a few days ago.