PDA

View Full Version : Virtumonde (as usual?)

elmside
2009-01-10, 18:11
1) You should know (if it does not become obvious) that I am a newcomer to all things 'virus' and to SpyBot.

2) I have run a Scan which reported a number of 'invaders'. 'Fix' resolved many of them but the following remained 'unfixed' after the scan:

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled 1 entry -Security
Virtumonde 5 entries -Trojans
Virtumonde.generic 2 entries -Trojans
Virtumonde.prx 2 entries -TrojansC
Virtumonde.sci 1 entries - TrojansC

3) Windows Security Center reports:
“The Security Center is currently unavailable because the ‘Security Center’ service has not started or was stopped. Please close this window, restart the computer (or start the ‘Security Center’ service), and then open the Security Center again.”
Following this advice does not remove or change the above warning.

4) I note that you require a HiJackThis log. Have been unable to find advice on your website, but I suspect that I need to download HJT. There are numerous sites offering HJT - can you advise the best to go to to get HJT and instructions on its usage?

Many thanks & apologies for my novice status.

tashi
2009-01-10, 18:43
Hi there elmside,

4) I note that you require a HiJackThis log. Have been unable to find advice on your website, but I suspect that I need to download HJT. There are numerous sites offering HJT - can you advise the best to go to to get HJT and instructions on its usage?

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) :)

Please start a new topic providing the HJT log, then I will close this one as helpers look for threads without a response.

Cheers.