PDA

View Full Version : Problem appeared after performing successful (?) removal

Monkies
2009-01-11, 17:31
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with the following problem. I recently installed Spybot on my laptop (running Vista) and on the first check I ran it found a couple of minor issues and Virtumonde.sdn, (please note I had not been suffering any visible issues before the check). I clicked ‘fix problems’ and the minor issues were removed but Spybot said Virtumonde.sdn could not be removed as I was not an administrator, so I re-ran Spybot ‘as administrator’, did another check and Spybot reported successfully(?) removing Vitumonde.sdn. However, the next time I turned on the laptop, as it started up a window appeared which said ‘accrdsub.exe, unable to locate component, ackpbsc.dll not found’. On closing this window another appeared advising that ‘ActivIdentity card event handler’ has stopped working. Finally Spybot then opens a window with numerous registry changes, which seem to be never ending however many times I click ‘deny’. This happens every time the computer is re-started, I ran another check and Spybot reports there are no problems. As I know very little about computers I have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it! Thanks in advance for any help.

drragostea
2009-01-11, 19:01
Hello there.

First of, you'll have to run Spybot-Search&Destroy as Administrator. To do this, right-click the default Spybot desktop icon and click "Run as Administrator". Perform a scan and fix the Virtumonde entry.

....a window appeared which said ‘accrdsub.exe, unable to locate component, ackpbsc.dll not found’.
What these are, are probably files that are related to Virtumonde. It is possible that Virtumonde starts up during bootup, but now it is removed you'll receive these errors. However, they're one time only.

It is common that TeaTimer will prompt you of a change after you clear Virtumonde, I recommend that you allow the change because it indicates that the files and components related to Virtumonde have been removed.

Monkies
2009-01-11, 20:12
Hi Drragostea,

Thanks for the reply. I ran Spybot as administrator and Spybot reports it has removed Virtumonde. The error windows have shown more than once though, I have re-started about six times and they have come up every time....