PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer how to undo an allow/change decision

JDaglis
2005-11-17, 20:05
I accidently denied a winsys change to my registry and I cannot find the list of "allow" or "deny" decision. How can I go back to change this to "allow" instead of deny.

After I clicked "deny", by accident the first time, every time I restart I get a whole bunch of "denied" boxes on my screen, and I also lost internet access since this happened.

Please help.

Thank You.

JD

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-17, 20:47
You can't undo the actual Registry change that you answered "Allow change" or "Deny change" to. There is no "Gee I what to change that" file kept in Spybot. In general you must restimulate whatever initiated the original Registry change or manually edit the Registry.

There are two things might help understand your problem:
Did you check "Remember this decision" when you denied the change?
What change was originally denied and what change is being repetitively denied? Please go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident and copy a portion of the log that shows the denied registry changes that you orininal got and are currently getting and paste them to another post.
Note: If you checked "Remember this decision" on a change the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. To get Spybot to forget what you told it to remember you can right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This brings up a window titled "White & Black List". There are four (4) buttons on this window:
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.
By clicking on the various buttons you can review the stored entries were you used "Remember this decision" in the past. You can delete the stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done. This will in effect make TeaTimer forget what you told it to remember so that during future changes to these items TeaTimer will issue a pop-up dialog rather then just a notification pup-up. Deleting these entries will not reverse the changes that were made to the registry.