PDA

View Full Version : downloaded spybot now no access to my aol

marymang
2009-01-12, 16:27
I had the virus 2009 and 2010 on my computer that mimic's internet explorer/windows MUST CLICK TO REMOVE THE VIRUS...BUT I DIDN'T and I was told by aol to download spybot and lavasoft adware. i only did spybot and when i did, it appears that the virus is gone(no more messages) but i can no longer access my aol. i called aol and they said to remove it from my lap top and see what happens. still no aol. i deleted aol and replaced it, still no aol. what is the problem?

md usa spybot fan
2009-01-12, 16:59
marymang:

Are you running McAfee Security Suite orignally provided Free by AOL (specifically McAfee SystemGuard)?

Are you getting any errors attempting to logon to AOL such as:
ERROR AOL ERROR (AC-0000) error 0x90000000
While you had Spybot installed did you "Immunize" and if so did you "Undo" the immunization before uninstalling Spybot?

marymang
2009-01-12, 20:05
the lap top: yes I deleted spybot but how do you delete immunization?
as for my desk top that I am using now, it has McFee 8.1 the free version: both computers do. Error message is what you asked me errox90000000. aol had me go into run and type in msconfig and disable any start up programs. i did that on the lap top and it worked twice but not after that. once i downloaded spybot the computer was going crazy with that virus 2009. then the icon left and suddently i now have aol explorer on my desktop. this is the only way i can access my account. so: lap top: get same message error, removed spybot but not immunization, and no aol access.
Desk top dell: have spybot active, two days later downloaded lavasoft adware active, McAfee free version 8.1 on both; never had a problem accessing aol on either computer until spybot.

and to answer the question I did immunize on lap top but failed to unimmunize before deleting spybot...now what do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

md usa spybot fan
2009-01-13, 05:40
marymang:

I'll assume that you did "Immunize" using Spybot, either by specifying that action during installation or after installation.

There appears to be a defect in the McAfee SystemGuard code that seems to cause problems if there are a large number of entries in Internet Explorer restricted sites zone. See the following but do not follow the corrective action suggested:
ERROR: AOL ERROR (AC-0000) error 0x90000000 (when logging in to AOL 9)
http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100332&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&AnswerID=16777216&turl==http%3A%2F%2Fkb.mcafee.com%2Finfocenter%2Findex%3Fpage%3Dcontent%26id%3DTS100332%26actp%3Dsearch
During immunization Spybot adds a significant number of to Internet Explorer's restricted sites zone to prevent abuses by site known as adware/spyware/malware purveyors.

To logon onto AOL either:
Disable McAfee SystemGuard.
--- or ---
Reinstall Spybot then go into the Immunize facility and click on the "Undo" at the top of the right hand pane.