PDA

View Full Version : tea timer and uninstall issue

silly lilly
2009-01-13, 17:33
I received an "access violation at address 0046FBFF in module tea timer" over and over after I allowed some change by teatimer,(tea timer would not let me deny the change). So I thought I would uninstall spybot and see if I could correct that error but received another error, "system error code 1060 The specified service does not exist as an installed service". On top of that the tea timer was Not uninstalled and was still running in my taskbar. I had to uninstall the Spybot folder from the C drive and then I had to uninstall the start up item in the Registry. Frustrating. This morning I tried to install once again without the tea timer so see if it would uninstall correctly. I received the same error upon uninstall which was "system error code 1060 the specified service does not exist as an installed service" I have always like Spybot. I have used it for years! Any help would be greatly appreciated since I would like to reinstall and use the program and know if I need uninstall I can do it with out errors. In addition I have a brand new pc with Vista Home Premium and (had) the lastest of version of Spybot.

Thanks!

Zenobia
2009-01-14, 13:58
When uninstalling or installing Spybot,are you being prompted by User Account Control for permission to continue?

Please open Start,type Services,doubleclick that,you should be prompted by UAC when you do that,please press Continue.Scroll down,do you see SBSD Security Center in the list?Click once on it with your mouse,what does it say in the upper left corner?i.e.does it say "stop the service",etc.,there?