PDA

View Full Version : Another Virtumonde problem

SpybotQuerier
2009-01-15, 22:04
Hi,

We're supposed to create separate threads for each problem, correct?

I received the Virtumonde virus yesterday, sometime. My Webroot AntiVirus & AntiSpyware popped up several sites to be blocked, suddenly. I then scanned everything, and saw Virtumonde detected.

Since that time, I ran Spybot, purchased Spyware Doctor (since it was reported as able to 'fix' Virtumonde), and have rebooted, scanned and fixed, and rebooted back in both safe and normal mode. All to no avail; it keeps showing up.

Questions: Assuming someone out there has time to assist, should I back up the drive? Or would that do no good, because I would be backing up the virus? I have already disabled System Restore, so there's no going back.

Also, should I set aside the infected desktop, keep it unconnected to the Web, and use my laptop for any web surfing, until it is resolved?

Thanks for any tips or assistance.

Regards,

SpybotQuerier
2009-01-16, 05:08
Looks like the Virtumonde trojan might have been removed, by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Spybot now reports nothing, and the quick sweep by Malwarebytes reported nothing.

Should know for sure, early tomorrow (Friday), after full sweeps by both Malwarebytes and Webroot.

tashi
2009-01-16, 08:18
Hi there,

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) ;)

If you are still experiencing a problem please start a new topic providing the HJT log.

Best regards.

SpybotQuerier
2009-01-16, 16:03
>>If you are still experiencing a problem please start a new topic providing the HJT log.<<

Will do, it's still up in the air. The problem seems to be 'controlled' somewhat, but there are still occurrences showing up.

Will post that shortly, after running another scan, thanks.