PDA

View Full Version : Access violation at adress 6f7135f5

rainier
2009-01-16, 08:31
Hello.

I have some broblems with my S&D and being the smuck with a PC that i am, got no idea what to do :red:. I'll just tell you everything that's happened and you know which information is important and which not.

I got Norton Internet Security with my resent PC (Vista) free for a month or so it has expired sometime ago. I also installed Antivir because i had no intension to purcase the Norton after it would expire. I installed Spybot S&D on the PC right when i got it. i then uninstalled the Norton cause it kept begging to buy.

Well, that didn't go well and the Vista started acting up popping errors etc. I googled it and got info that the Norton had left some traces? or something on the Vista. I thought it'll be smart to return the system to the point when the Norton was still installed, so i did.

Well, as my luck has proven me so many times before, it got worse. Some of the programs installed on did not work, ingluding Antivir (couldn't scan with it no more) and Spybot S&D.

The later occurred while shutting down. Vista gave info that tea timer is preventing shut down, then giving this dialog box: Access violation at adress 6f7135f5. Read at adress 6f7135f5. At that point i ran the Windows down and reinstalled it but that broblem didn't go away. As a shot in the dark i changed from S&D 1.4.. to 1.6. After installation i got this info: Error running file C:\Program files\Spybot...\SDWinSec.exe. Create process failed: error code 740. Requested action require rise. And i've seen the access violation notice at least once since installing the 1.6.

All the underlined parts might be incorrect because i had to translate them in to English since the lanquage in my vista is Finnish.

Hope i got it readable.

Sincerely
Raino

spybotsandra
2009-01-16, 10:26
Hello,

Are you logged in as admin?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

rainier
2009-01-16, 12:38
I honestly don't know. Where can i check and/or change that.

One thing i forgot from the first post, with the 1.4 i hardly ever found any spyware etc. on the PC and now with the 1.6 there some 10 no matter how many times i check it.

Raino

drragostea
2009-01-17, 02:51
Spybot-Search&Destroy versions 1.4 hardly seems to be the a good version to install with Windows Vista. Version 1.6.0.30 is the latest stable version.

Does the Error 740 still pop-up?
What 10 items? Are they in red? If it's green, don't worry about it because it is merely tracking cookies, which reappear each time you browse the web because you'll inevitably pick it up.

To run Spybot-SD as Administrator right-click on the desktop icon and click "Run as Admin". That should solve the Error 740.

It's kinda odd, because Error 740 usually occurs during installation.

rainier
2009-01-17, 21:31
I've got just that version in now. The 740 only popped after installation, haven't seen it since. I was just worried cause hadn't seen that before with the 1.4 or my old PC.

I don't remember all of the 10 items, now found 6: BlueStreak, CasaleMedia, DoubleClick, MediaPlex, Statcounter and Tradedoupler. What should be green? If you meen their names, they are in red.

What about that Access violation at adress 6f7135f5. What is that about?

Sorry about these "witch button to push next" sort of questions but i'm just not good with these things:red:

Raino
ps. thanks for quick replies.

drragostea
2009-01-18, 02:17
One thing i forgot from the first post, with the 1.4 i hardly ever found any spyware etc. on the PC and now with the 1.6 there some 10 no matter how many times i check it.

Raino
Forget about the pushing buttons part because they do not matter now.

The results you are getting are merely tracking cookies (they should be green, and they are safe). Tracking cookies do not pose any harm, because they are used to store site visits and login information.

You can safely fix them. You are getting them "everytime" because you'll eventually pick them up when you browse the web. Sites need cookies to "recognize" you when you visit their site. So like visiting the Google search engine, will give you a cookie from Google.com.

You shouldn't be worried because v.1.4 is outdated and is no longer supported, and it has been removed from your machine.

Does the access violation error still occur?

rainier
2009-01-18, 17:38
Ok, i'll stop worrying about those now.

Haven't had that same access violation code since i first wrote here, but just today had one that said: Access violation at adress 00408DBF in module teatimer.exe. Write of adress 47D58F50. The zeros might have been O's too. It occurs wen i'm shutting down the PC.

Raino

rainier
2009-01-29, 09:14
What are these access violation infos about? Havn't had those for a while but last night while shutting my PC, i got another one.

This time it said: Access violation at adress 0046FBF5 in module teatimer.exe. Write of adress 00000010.

Then after clicking it away came another one saying: Access violation at adress 694C5405. Write of adress 694C5405. This one cept popping like ten times before i got to actually shut down the PC.

Confused
Raino