PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall has really messed up my computer

scottish1898
2009-01-19, 00:04
I uninstalled spybot search and destroy. BUT The folder cannot be deleted from the program files. It says make sure the disk is not full or write protected.WHAT disk? Also a teatimer thing is *still showing up in my system tray even though the program was uninstalled., It also has caused errors in the registry and Reg Mechanic cannot repair them... I have never seen such a mess caused by uninstalling a program before.
How can I fix it so that my computer is not so fouled up?
Thanks for any help...I have such a headache from this mess...

drragostea
2009-01-19, 07:52
Not really fouled up. And I wouldn't really trust Registry Mechanic to "repair" my machine, less improve it's performance.

Usually the error you receive can be remedied with a simple, reboot of the machine, but for me I would just log off the user and log back in again. User switching does not work because it does not log off the machine.

I haven't tried this before but you can try it yourself (a little experiment). The problem with TeaTimer staying after Spybot's uninstall is because it was not disabled before Spybot was uninstalled. So it's probably because TeaTimer was still active during uninstalling.

And the error will still occur (despite the what I said above) because a file is in use. First try disabling TeaTimer (Right-click and Exit) wait around a few seconds and navigate to the Spybot-Search&Destroy's Program Folder in C:\ drive and remove it to the Recycle Bin.

The long way would be to reinstalling Spybot again and disable TeaTimer from there and then remove it (if my experiment does not work).