PDA

View Full Version : Logs

alicez
2009-01-20, 01:49
I installed the SpyBot S&D 1.6.0.30 on my desktop yesterday and did scan.
Today I downloaded some updates and did another scan. However, when I look in the Tools/ View Report/ View Previous Report. I only see today's scan listed there. Shouldn't I also be seeing the scan done yesterday?
Please advise and thanks.
Alice

alicez
2009-01-20, 02:36
I tried to edit my prevous post, but couldn't find a way to do it.
Just wanted to say that I think I might know why the previous logs were not showing. In my CCleaner I notice in the Cleaner/Applications there is Utilities listed with SpyBot checked. I unchecked it. Hopefully that will allow previous SpyBot logs to show.
Funny thing is, my old Sony Win98 has CCleaner and SpyBot IS CHECKED and when I look in the logs for SpyBot on that computer, all the logs are showing (while the SpyBot is checked in Utilites).

#2- Also last night when I ran the scan on my desktop, I got some exceptions in Firefox browser (I very rarely, if ever use Firefox) and I deleted them.
Today when I ran a scan, I see the same items listed again. Why? Can anyone tell me? I think I might have to delete SpyBot from my desktop, because I don't think it is working properly. Can anyone help?

19.01.2009 20:14:37 - ##### check started #####
19.01.2009 20:14:37 - ### Version: 1.6.0
19.01.2009 20:14:37 - ### Date: 1/19/2009 8:14:37 PM
19.01.2009 20:14:39 - ##### checking bots #####
19.01.2009 20:25:07 - found: Net-Integration Bookmark (Firefox: default)
19.01.2009 20:25:13 - found: Aornum Bookmark (Firefox: default)
19.01.2009 20:25:33 - found: Aornum Bookmark (Firefox: default)
19.01.2009 20:26:29 - found: Spywareinfo.TrafficZ Bookmark (Firefox: default)
19.01.2009 20:26:31 - ##### check finished #####

Net-Integration: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)
Net-Integration: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)
Aornum: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)
Aornum: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)
Spywareinfo.TrafficZ: Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)

PepiMK
2009-01-21, 13:05
When fixing browser items, please make sure the browser is not running while you do that. Otherwise the browser might have the objects (like bookmarks here) in memory and restore them at a later point.

Since you mentioned you had exceptions in Firefox, it might not have closed properly, even if you thought you had closed it before scanning. That is if you understand an exception as an error message that it not handled by the application (you would not notice handled exceptions), usually leading to a clash.

Or, if by exception, you meant that you had added htose bookmarks to Spybots ignore list, shouldn't it be behaviour as expected if it suddenly finds them after removing the ignore flag?

alicez
2009-01-21, 16:26
#1- My Firefox is never used. It was not open. And the five "found" items were not in Spybot ignore list. I always run a CCleaner prior to any scans.
What should I do? Should I run another scan and delete "fix" those entries? I don't know what the items are. I looked in Firefox bookmarks (Favorites) but cannot find anything that looks like the five "found" items mentioned.
I am new at this so please have a little patience.

#2- Also, I nottice in the Spybot Immunize section that Firefox (default) items are not checked, while all IE (32 bit) are checked and all IE (32/64 bit) are checked, also Windows Global is checked.

Zenobia
2009-01-26, 05:29
For these:
19.01.2009 20:26:29 - found: Spywareinfo.TrafficZ Bookmark (Firefox: default)
Please open Firefox,and look to see if there are any old bookmarks to
Net-Integration.net,or Spywareinfo.com,or Spywareinfo forums.If so,you can delete the bookmarks,since NI is dead,as far as I know,and Spywareinfo forums now have a new address.
For swi,you now use this address:
http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/

Please try checkmarking the firefox immunization,then click Immunize.Please let me know what happens,whether it will immunize or not.Shut down Spybot,then open Spybot,click Immunize,let me know if FF stayed Immunized.

Aornum bookmark I don't know off the top of my head,I'll have to look for it.

Zenobia
2009-01-26, 05:33
From what I can gather,the Aornum bookmark may be a bookmark to the Iwon site.

alicez
2009-01-26, 17:09
Thank you Zenobia
Re: Please try checkmarking the firefox immunization,then click Immunize.Please let me know what happens,whether it will immunize or not.Shut down Spybot,then open Spybot,click Immunize,let me know if FF stayed Immunized.

Aornum bookmark I don't know off the top of my head,I'll have to look for it.

=============================

I checked the Firefox boxes and then did the Immunize; closed / reopened SB and now see all boxes checked. Don't know why the Firefox boxes where not checked when I first installed on this desktop, while all the other boxes were checked. As I said, I rarely, if ever, use Firefox.
I did check the Firefox but could not find anything for the exceptions that were discovered:
Net-Integration: Bookmark; Aornum; Aornum: Bookmark; or the Spywareinfo.TrafficZ: Bookmark (Iwon), and could not find anything resembling those names. Maybe they were 'buried' within the folders in the Bookmarks. I decided to delete them.

Thanks again,
Alice

P.S. I notice that when I sign-in, I have to do so several times before I actually get in to post my message. I see the screen "Thank you for logging in" and then I am returned to the "You are not logged in, etc." Don't know what could be happening.

Zenobia
2009-01-26, 17:15
Does anybody else use Firefox on another account on your computer?

Glad ff stayed immunized. :)

I have to login again here,usually at least once while posting,but not that much.Do you have cookies blocked or anything?

alicez
2009-01-26, 17:28
No, no one else uses the computer or Firefox.

I have to keep signing-in, several times at least when trying to get in or post a message.
Maybe someone else, who might have same problem, will see this and post their similar experiences.
I added forums.spybot to my CCleaner accepted cookies and to the IE7 Allowed Cookies.
Don't know what else I can do, but will not worry too much about it now.

Thanks again.
Alice

alicez
2009-01-27, 16:31
On previous threads I mentioned that I did delete the:

Net-Integration: Bookmark; Aornum; Aornum: Bookmark; and the Spywareinfo.TrafficZ: Bookmark (Iwon),

and I thought they would go to the "Recovery." I went to see if they were there. There was nothing in the "Recovery" and I wonder if the deleted 'bookmarks' should have gone to the "Recovery." Maybe deleted bookmarks don't go to the "Recovery," because they are not possibly 'vital/important' files, that might need to be recovered.
Anyone know?
Thanks
Alice

drragostea
2009-01-27, 18:07
So we can assume you're the only then. Moving on...
The cookie from this forum (http://forums.spybot.info/index.php) stores your login information, so if you should clear it then you'll be automatically logged out. And for security, SaferNetworking Forums automatically logs you off the forums if there is no activity for more than 15 minutes.

In my perspective, when you just delete a bookmark it is gone, and it doesn't really go to the Recycle Bin. It's just gone, removed. Last time you checked (if not, check now) is there any bookmarks under the bookmark tab in Mozilla Firefox (open it)?

Does Spybot still flag the results (after you have removed it and performed another scan)?

Technically, Spybot does not (that I'm aware of) keep bookmark files, because it is not really a "file". I remember one them I was using Linux and I had to import my bookmarks from Windows XP. All the bookmarks, names, and links were stored in one small file in the Mozilla Firefox Programs Folder.

Zenobia
2009-01-27, 18:09
Spybot does make a backup of most things to the recovery section,but not all things,for example,it doesn't put found tracking cookies into recovery.

It's odd that Spybot found those bookmarks if they were not actually present.If they are found again when you do a scan,please post back. :)

Zenobia
2009-01-27, 18:26
p.s.As for firefox bookmarks,Firefox should automatically make a backup of your bookmarks,every day that you use it.

drragostea
2009-01-27, 18:45
p.s.As for firefox bookmarks,Firefox should automatically make a backup of your bookmarks,every day that you use it.
-
Spybot does make a backup of most things to the recovery section,but not all things,for example,it doesn't put found tracking cookies into recovery.
Zenobia, so does bookmarks fit in the second quote (one of the items that are not put in Recovery/Quarantine)?

I think the bookmarks are stored in a configuration file or something like that... right? :fear:

alicez
2009-01-27, 20:51
I did delete the firefox 'bookmarks' that were found. When I run a scan now, I do not see any 'found' problems.

I never use Firefox. When I open Firefox now, there are many Bookmarks/Favorites, transferred (I presume) from IE 7.
--------------------------------
Regarding the signing-in the Spybot. I sign-in and it shows "Welcome Alice Z" at top. I go to Reply and then it asks me to sign in. I sign in again and it takes me back to the sign-in screen (several times). After sign-in several times, I finally get to this screen (where I can then type my response). I am not too disturbed by this because I can eventually get to post my request or reply. I don't remember this happening in the past though.

Zenobia
2009-01-30, 20:24
As I recall,I think Spybot backs up bookmarks by creating the bookmarks.html.sbsd.bak file,or did in previous versions.But,also,Firefox creates up to five bookmark backups,so bookmarks shouldn't be too hard to recover.
Good thing,I have about a gazillion bookmarks in Firefox.

Regarding the signing-in the Spybot. I sign-in and it shows "Welcome Alice Z" at top. I go to Reply and then it asks me to sign in. I sign in again and it takes me back to the sign-in screen (several times). After sign-in several times, I finally get to this screen (where I can then type my response). I am not too disturbed by this because I can eventually get to post my request or reply. I don't remember this happening in the past though.

That is odd,I've never had the problem to that extreme before.You don't have anything that would block the cookie from Spybot forums,cookie manager,etc.?
You don't use Firefox,but could you try signing in here with that or another browser,and see what happens?

alicez
2009-01-30, 21:28
Funny things are happening.
I decided to install SpyBot S&D 1.6.2 on both my WinXPsp3 notebook and Vista Premium.
Ran scan on both of them and got practically the same results as I did when I ran the SpyBot on my desktop (WinXPsp3), namely Bookmark entries.
What should I do in this case? Remove them all (by clicking Fix All Selected Problems)??????
As I said, I very seldom use Firefox, if at all. The EXCITE are ALL tracking cookies! (And I don't even see a folder for EXCITE in the Firefox bookmarks!)
I'm surprised no one else is seeing same results after a scan.
I will not do anything until I hear from somebody regarding these 'exceptions' found on both machines. (I don't want to delete and have problem such as SAS had recently with 'Vundo')
Thanks for any help.
Alice

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4656/spybotlo0.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spybotlo0.jpg)

Zenobia
2009-01-31, 21:40
Should all be safe to delete.Two are just old links to Merijn's downloads page,which is no longer valid as it no longer takes you to Merijn Bellekom's page,and Net-Integration forums,also no longer valid. :) If you don't use Firefox,you shouldn't need the bookmarks to Iwon,even if you use the site.
Deleting the Excite shouldn't do harm either,as they're only cookies.

alicez
2009-01-31, 22:17
Should all be safe to delete.Two are just old links to Merijn's downloads page,which is no longer valid as it no longer takes you to Merijn Bellekom's page,and Net-Integration forums,also no longer valid. :) If you don't use Firefox,you shouldn't need the bookmarks to Iwon,even if you use the site.
Deleting the Excite shouldn't do harm either,as they're only cookies.

Thank you again for the help. I believe to delete them, I would just click on the "Fix Selected Problems" at top of screen.
It's just a pain in the'butt' to get these problems/exceptions on all three of my computers and yet, I can't find any of them when I search the Firefox bookmarks. As I said, I don't even have an Excite folder in the Firefox bookmarks area. Unless they are 'buried' somewhere else. A place that is not associated with the Bookmark area when Firefox is open.

Alice

alicez
2009-02-01, 04:28
I told you in my previous post that I was going to "Fix Selected Problems" on both my computers to remove the Firefox bookmarks.
Well, I checked each box and clicked on "Fix Selected Problems" and got "You are about to remove 5 items," to which I clicked "OK." Then got 'large' green check-marks next to each one.
Re-booted and did another Scan and same items are showing! Repeated procedure and same items are still there!
Does anyone know what the heck is going on?
I am not too pleased with Spybot S&D 1.6.2.46 and am really considering deleting it from both computers.

Thank you.

P.S. Cleared with CCleaner. Notice SpyBot is mentioned in Application/Utilities. Don't know if that has anything to do with problem.

Zenobia
2009-02-02, 19:56
If Spybot is checkmarked in ccleaner's Application/Utilities,then ccleaner just removes Spybot's logfiles,if I recall that correctly.

Are there many bookmarks listed when you open Firefox,and click bookmarks?Or are there just a few?

alicez
2009-02-02, 22:39
There are quite a few bookmarks. They were transferred from my IE7 when I installed Firefox.
I just ran a few more scans on both computers and the "Exceptions" are still being shown after the scans.
Really confusing and annoying. Could this be "Bug?"

drragostea
2009-02-03, 02:54
Yes, running CCleaner with Spybot-Search&Destroy ticked will remove the TeaTimer log files (specifically that).

alice, do you need or plan to use any of the bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox? Some users replied in another thread that by removing the bookmarks in Firefox, there will not be anymore detections by Spybot.

alicez
2009-02-03, 03:19
Yes, running CCleaner with Spybot-Search&Destroy ticked will remove the TeaTimer log files (specifically that).
alice, do you need or plan to use any of the bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox? Some users replied in another thread that by removing the bookmarks in Firefox, there will not be anymore detections by Spybot.

No, I never use Firefox. I was thinking of deleting the Bookmarks in Firefox but,
#1 - Did not know if that would remove the files in my IE 7, and
#2 - How would I remove them?

Do you think this is a bug in Spybot?

drragostea
2009-02-03, 04:08
Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer are two separate things. If you remove the bookmarks from Firefox it will not affect IE whatsoever. If it did, it would have been a problem (which is not).

And if it was a Spybot bug (if you mean detections), it could have been reported and resolved a long time ago, but it's not.

Just right-click over the bookmark when you hover over it, and click "Delete".

alicez
2009-02-03, 04:19
Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer are two separate things. If you remove the bookmarks from Firefox it will not affect IE whatsoever. If it did, it would have been a problem (which is not).

And if it was a Spybot bug (if you mean detections), it could have been reported and resolved a long time ago, but it's not.

Just right-click over the bookmark when you hover over it, and click "Delete".

There are many, many bookmarks. Is there a way to remove them all at one time?

drragostea
2009-02-03, 05:19
Mozilla Firefox>Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>Highlight "Bookmark Menu" and hit the Delete button (not backspace).

alicez
2009-02-03, 12:58
Nothing happens when I click on the keyboard's Delete.

drragostea
2009-02-04, 00:02
My apologizes... wrong answer :red:.
Well, instead of manually clicking them one by one, highlight the bookmarks by clicking on them and press the Delete key on your keyboard (Organize Bookmarks).

Zenobia
2009-02-05, 03:13
If you did delete all Firefox bookmarks,how did it go?Are the Firefox bookmarks no longer being detected by Spybot?