PDA

View Full Version : XP now dies after user log in screen.

wagoneer89
2009-01-25, 00:19
I downloaded the new Spybot to my XP machine. I left the machine to scan and went out. When I got back the machines screen was solid white corner to corner and locked up. When I rebooted the machine will load until the user sign on screen and then after the user is chosen, locks up after the desktop background is displayed. This is a raid machine. I'm afraid to reload Windows, if I don't reload the exact same raid driver I might lose everything. (should have thought of that before! DUH!!) Any suggestions?
Thanks...
:oops:

Matt
2009-01-25, 22:00
Which version of Spybot did you install?

Spybot doesn't damage the operating system only because of a scan. Moreover, Spybot doesn't delete files until you allow it.

Is there the possibility that you have aggressive malware on your pc? If you think so, post a new thread in the Malware Removal Forum. You can find it here:
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Best regards,

-Matt-

wagoneer89
2009-01-27, 23:06
Of course anything is possible, but there was nothing irritating the system before I ran the new version except perhaps something which was popping up ads I wanted to smote. It didn't look terribly vicious. I'm going to reload Windows which requires that I reload the RAID driver. I'm goin' in! Wish me luck!