PDA

View Full Version : A noob Question

pdxpogo
2009-01-26, 11:10
I am a fairly experienced bit kicker, I fix computer problems for a living. My new laptop has started acting up. IE just spins its wheels if parts of the spybot program is installed and active, when IE 7 got hinky and being on vista with no easy way to reinstall it I upgraded to IE8 beta which gives you a little more insight into what is going on (sorta).

Thing is IE8 runs liked a raped ape with addons disabled. Enable MS stuff and adobe stuff same thing java no problem AVG stuff still no problems.

Spybot config add on enable slows IE8 way down say it takes 2 -3 seconds to load a page that popped before and Spybot SD IE Protection leaves me waiting forever for the non responding browser to do anything.

Doesn't happen in Opera or Firefox only IE.

Can someone clue me in on what is happening? My guess is the blacklist is getting vetted by MS and that is gonna take some time, something has IE spinning its wheels, are they proxying every connection through IE?

Just curious I can switch to ubuntu/firefox/whatever my clients are stuck with ms. thanks in advance