PDA

View Full Version : Redirected search results

Europa912
2009-01-26, 16:50
I have Norton Internet Security 2009 and have recently downloaded Spybot S&D. The links that appear on my search hits do not match the webpage descriptions, but are instead all advertising and antivirus links. Other people seem to have the same problem. I turned off Spybots Teatimer as instructed, but seem to have run into problems trying to do the Erunt instructions. It is downloaded and I have an icon on my desktop called RegCure, but am afraid to run it because the windows that were supposed to appear according to your "before You Post" instructions did not appear. I have Windows XP, pack 2.

tashi
2009-01-26, 19:06
Hello Europa912,

The links that appear on my search hits do not match the webpage descriptions, but are instead all advertising and antivirus links.

It is downloaded and I have an icon on my desktop called RegCure, but am afraid to run it because the windows that were supposed to appear according to your "before You Post" instructions did not appear.

All signs of a hijacking, please don't click on the RegCure icon, ERUNT has an ERUNT icon.

Can you run HJT and produce a log from it?

If so please start a new topic and copy paste the log there, then as helpers look for threads without a response this one will be closed.

Best regards. :)

Europa912
2009-01-26, 19:25
I am trying to download ERUNT by clicking on the blue "ERUNT" link in your "before you post instructions". Nothing on the page that comes up gives me a "ERUNT" icon on my desktop. This is the page that comes up: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registry-Tweak/Erunt-g.shtml

No matter what "download now" button I click, then save to desktop, I do not get a "ERUNT" icon.

What am I doing wrong?

Europa912
2009-01-26, 19:35
I am trying to download ERUNT by clicking on the blue "ERUNT" link in your "before you post instructions". Nothing on the page that comes up gives me a "ERUNT" icon on my desktop. This is the page that comes up: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registry-Tweak/Erunt-g.shtml

No matter what "download now" button I click, then save to desktop, I do not get a "ERUNT" icon.

What am I doing wrong?

tashi
2009-01-26, 19:59
Hello,

Can you run HJT and produce a log from it?

If so please start a new topic and copy paste the log there, then as helpers look for threads without a response this one will be closed.

Best regards. :)

That is the HiJackThis (HJT) log only.

Thanks.