PDA

View Full Version : New Version 1.6.2.46 ...

Asus L3500TP
2009-01-26, 20:32
Hello !

The last version 1.6.2.46 is very good !

Installation without problem and working is very nice !

Thanks for this very good tool !

@+

wk357mag
2009-01-27, 18:00
Works good for me too!

Thanks to ALL for a great job and a great product!

tutam
2009-02-17, 01:51
:sad:
1.) I have a problem with this new version of Spybot under Win98:
If you click on "Check for problems" button, and after you click on "Stop Check", it gives you this warning message:
"Thread error: The parameter is not correct (87)"
And the checking is going away, I can't stop the checking and I can't close the program too, only with CTRL-ALT-DEL function!

2.) And one more important thing: from version to version this program is more instable under windows 98!!! It's crashing many times. Earlier versions are more stable (v1.2 or v1.3). Please improve this back.

Thank you very much your attention!

tutam
2009-02-18, 22:54
Something idea?

Nobody? :sad:

tutam
2009-02-18, 22:56
Something idea?

Nobody? :sad:

Spybot team?

PepiMK
2009-02-19, 21:49
Hmmm... I'll ask our Win 9x expert tomorrow, I don't hae a booting one at hand right now.

In general, the incresed resource usage is probebly the biggest compatibility problem with 9x (not with this problem maybe), which should be addressed by Spybot 2.0s modularity, where the separate modules (like one for scanning only) are much more resource friendly on their own.

noel-pr7
2009-02-27, 18:56
tutam & PepiMK:

I will try out that version of Spybot S&D on my cousin's old eMachine PC with Win98se and let you guys know how it fares. at least I still have access to PCs with Win9x OSes.

noel-pr7
2009-02-27, 21:31
:sad:
1.) I have a problem with this new version of Spybot under Win98:
If you click on "Check for problems" button, and after you click on "Stop Check", it gives you this warning message:
"Thread error: The parameter is not correct (87)"
And the checking is going away, I can't stop the checking and I can't close the program too, only with CTRL-ALT-DEL function!

Problem confirmed. I also encountered that on my cousin's Win98se machine.

2.) And one more important thing: from version to version this program is more instable under windows 98!!! It's crashing many times. Earlier versions are more stable (v1.2 or v1.3). Please improve this back.

you mean unstable (please use spell check, tutam! there's no such word as instable). Spybot 1.6.2.46 doesn't seem to crash on my cousin's Win98se computer and seems to run okay.

I'll wait patiently for the makers of Spybot to fix these problems.

tutam
2009-02-28, 12:43
Problem confirmed. I also encountered that on my cousin's Win98se machine.

you mean unstable (please use spell check, tutam! there's no such word as instable). Spybot 1.6.2.46 doesn't seem to crash on my cousin's Win98se computer and seems to run okay.

I'll wait patiently for the makers of Spybot to fix these problems.

Hi Guys!

Thank your for your attention! And thanx your answer.

noel-pr7:
Yes, you are right. I typed a wrong word instable, I want to say: unstable. :oops: Thanx for your correction. :)

So, I mean that from version to version Spybot decreasingly stable under Win98, for example it's sometimes freezing, when I use update function.

tutam
2009-02-28, 12:46
Hmmm... I'll ask our Win 9x expert tomorrow, I don't hae a booting one at hand right now.

In general, the incresed resource usage is probebly the biggest compatibility problem with 9x (not with this problem maybe), which should be addressed by Spybot 2.0s modularity, where the separate modules (like one for scanning only) are much more resource friendly on their own.

Hi!

Yes it is!!!! "the incresed resource usage is probebly the biggest compatibility problem with 9x " This is what I feel from version to version!