PDA

View Full Version : Help!! I am lost!

hddnme
2009-01-27, 18:28
Hello,

I hope somone can help me. I have used spybot on my laptop for over a year now and am very happy with it. Recently, I had a virus, which I have resolved through lots of work, and after all of my research I thought I should probably protect my children's computer. So, I downloaded AVG and ran it, and then spybot. I updated, immunized, and scanned. It found quite a few things including two generic trojans, and two vitromundo, lots of PUPs. I know that there are a couple of suspicious things, but figured that spybot would take care of it.

When it was done, I suddenly had lots of warnings from teatimer about changes being made. All of them were of the type SpyBotDeleting*####. I allowed all of the changes since they seemed that they were spybot doing what it should, but they didnt stop. So I shut down, rebooted and then I got multiple instances of these windows that were black inside(I am sorry, I know that they mean something to do with DOS maybe?). They opened and closed almost instantly but there were alot of them. Then Teatimer started again with the changes. I shut down again and have not rebooted as I do not know what to do. They just continued, they look similar, and even when I click remember this change, they are ongoing. I suspect I could have been clicking for ever.

So, my question is, do you think I have a virus? I dont think this is normal, as I have looked through the forums a bit. And of course, the computer was working fine, I was just worried as I have not had AV on it for over a year.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions that you may have for me.

drragostea
2009-01-27, 18:42
Thanks for starting a new thread hddnme : ).
What you are getting (Spybotdeleting....) are Startup entries made by Spybot-Search&Destroy so that it can schedule a scan during bootup and remove the threats from there. So I would strongly suggest you allow all the Spybotdeleting... entries. Entry added means that a scan has been schedule to remove that thread and entry deleted means that the threat was successfully removed so that Spybotdeleting entry is no longer needed.

It is normal sometimes to receive prompts about a "bad image" or some .dll or .exe is missing (this is because the malware components were removed). Your system should be fine after a while. A reboot should do.

Sometimes when you are clearing out malware and their junk from your machine, it is best to disable TeaTimer (Spybot Advanced Mode) so you'll not receive to much pop-ups.

hddnme
2009-01-27, 18:52
I understand what you are saying about how it is doing something for later, but honestly, if I clicked once, I clicked a hundred times. :hair: I could post that log for you if you want(the one in teatimer about all of the changes...they are one after another after another etc).

I shut it down last night, and havent messed with it this morning hoping to hear from you all, so I will go and start it up again and see what is happening. I will let you know what happens! Thank you for your very swift repsonse!!!!!:)

drragostea
2009-01-27, 18:57
Well, you can always disable Teatimer (Spybot>Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident) from there to save you the hundred clicks :laugh:. After a reboot, you can turn TeaTimer back on.

hddnme
2009-01-27, 19:05
Ok, I will try that then. As long as I will still be protected!