PDA

View Full Version : ok to overwrite when updating to new version

Kavu2
2009-01-28, 21:14
I searched thru FAQs etc but I do remember something about best methods in updating....

So my question(s) are:

1) Is it ok to just overwrite an older version of SpyBot when updating to the latest version?

And is that the best way?...or should the older version be unistalled first? And if so, then....

2) If uninstalling do we need to unimmunize first before uninstalling? (seems like I remember something about that but can't find anything on it now). Also when uninstalling, do the modifications for Startup Programs(unchecking for startup programs) need to be re-checked before uninstall.

Just trying to avoid any problem when updating to the new version. I apologize for asking what probably has been answered several times in the past, but for the life of me I can't find any prior posts on the subject.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

drragostea
2009-01-28, 21:35
It is alright to install the newer version over the current, version but it is best to uninstall the current one and then proceed with a fresh install.

In addition, I would suggest you undo the Immunization and disable SDHelper and TeaTimer first and then uninstall.

Safe surfing.

Kavu2
2009-01-28, 22:11
Thank you for your reply and assistance. I'll give it a go. :bigthumb: