PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! MY YAHOO or MEEBO messenger is infected with a Virus or Spyware!!?

AsiaReed
2009-01-29, 22:54
I have been using Meebo for my Yahoo IM about 6 months and periodically would get pop ups but nothing severe. A week ago, I started getting buddy requests from random people. It would be about 8-9 buddy requests from randoms and it's back to back requests when I logged on in the morning. I ran Trend Micro with Spyware built in and it turned out I have a bunch of spywares/graywares which I was able to clear out. I ran it again and it was OK, nothing came up. However when I logged into Meebo, I still get the buddy requests. This time, only two! I ran the scan and the spywares alert are back. I deleted it but everytime i go onto Meebo, it comes back....

THAN -- I went home and used my regular Instant Messenger on Yahoo (uses Meebo at work because we cant download Yahoo IM) and the freaking buddy requests popped up!! Did it travelled through meebo and into my Yahoo and now is on my personal laptop??? OMG...can someone give me any kind of details??

Shaba
2009-01-30, 10:40
Hello AsiaReed

Please see this (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288) next

Please follow the instructions in the above thread and then start a fresh topic with the logs required.

Regards.