PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem

spybot fan
2005-11-18, 20:43
I have been successfully using Spybot since last year, but since last week when I run Spybot,it does not complete the scan and I get this error message::mad:

Anal-Oral.WinMain[DateiC:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts\kann nicht geoffnet wesden.

My system has also slowed down since last week ,plz. help.

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-18, 21:30
The following applies:
The error message translated from German to English is:
Datei = File.
kann nicht geöffnet werden = cannot be opened.
Therefore:
"Error during check!: Anal-Oral.WinMain (Datei C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts\ kann nicht geöffnet werden. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) ()"

Translated is:

"Error during check!: Anal-Oral.WinMain (Datei C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts\ cannot be opened. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) ()"
There is something blocking Spybot's access to your HOSTS file. There are several things that can do this, setting ZoneAlarm to "Lock host file" will do it for example.

What anti-spyware and or firewall software did you install or modify since the last time Spybot's scans were successful?

spybot fan
2005-11-20, 18:13
First thing while one day trying to listen sings from smashhits english songs while I was not able to listen the songs as pop-ups were getting blocked,I enabled pop-ups from my yahoo tool bar.I think this is the time since problem started or more prcisely since first week of November when I started visiting this site,my system slowed down.

Then I updated my yahoo anti spy & scaned whole of the sysyem first time with yahoo anti-spy.
Previously I was only using: Spybot, Ad-aware & Norton anti-virus only.And everything used to be ok.

Now,sir plz. help me,thanx for ur time.

spybot fan
2005-11-21, 16:00
where r u ,sir.
help me plz asap.

MUff!N
2005-11-21, 16:52
The first thing that should be addressed: How good are you on a Computer???
Are you comfortable with going into your Windows folder???...
Or, are you one of those that like to let programs go into those areas and make the necessary changes for you...:rolleyes:
First off that site you are going to is a BAD site!!! By the the words in the line "Anal.Oral" its obvious that this has installed some Sexually oriented software..via, popups, redirects ect...any site that installs programs, spyware, malware, or whatever is worth avoiding altogether!!!
I bet you're using Internet Explorer as well for your browser aren't you...I'm not a big fan of that either because it allows drive by downloads...Firefox or Mozilla Browser is a good alternative...(Mozilla's my favorite)...Since switching to Mozilla I haven't had any such problems...
Also, I'm not a big fan for the Yahoo toolbar, much less the (so called) antispyware scanner thats integrated into it...and if I'm not mistaken...that in and of itself is spyware... (correct me if I'm wrong)
If it were me...I'd go directly to where that file is stored...examine the contents...and if it had nothing to do with the over all Opperating System, Delete it...But that's just me..;)
(For the fact that I backup my Registry, and Harddrives with frequent imaging backups!!! That way, no matter what, I can put everything back to perfect in mins...) :)
If you don't know what you are doing in the "Windows" folder, I wouldn't recommend doing this though...you may just make your system unbootable!!! :eek:

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-21, 17:45
spybot fan:

The HOSTS file is located here:
Win 95/98/ME = C:\WINDOWS
Windows 2K = C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
The only suggestion that I have to help determine what may be preventing access to the HOSTS file is:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to the HOSTS file > right click on it > select Copy. This may stimulate a message that indicates what is blocking access to the file.

spybot fan
2005-11-22, 18:54
The first thing that should be addressed: How good are you on a Computer???
Are you comfortable with going into your Windows folder???...
Or, are you one of those that like to let programs go into those areas and make the necessary changes for you...:rolleyes:
First off that site you are going to is a BAD site!!! By the the words in the line "Anal.Oral" its obvious that this has installed some Sexually oriented software..via, popups, redirects ect...any site that installs programs, spyware, malware, or whatever is worth avoiding altogether!!!
I bet you're using Internet Explorer as well for your browser aren't you...I'm not a big fan of that either because it allows drive by downloads...Firefox or Mozilla Browser is a good alternative...(Mozilla's my favorite)...Since switching to Mozilla I haven't had any such problems...
Also, I'm not a big fan for the Yahoo toolbar, much less the (so called) antispyware scanner thats integrated into it...and if I'm not mistaken...that in and of itself is spyware... (correct me if I'm wrong)
If it were me...I'd go directly to where that file is stored...examine the contents...and if it had nothing to do with the over all Opperating System, Delete it...But that's just me..;)
(For the fact that I backup my Registry, and Harddrives with frequent imaging backups!!! That way, no matter what, I can put everything back to perfect in mins...) :)
If you don't know what you are doing in the "Windows" folder, I wouldn't recommend doing this though...you may just make your system unbootable!!! :eek:

u r right sir, I am using Internet explorer & I will shift to Mozilla.
I will also remove yahoo toolbar.
Thank you very much for your time Muff!n;)

spybot fan
2005-11-22, 18:56
spybot fan:

The only suggestion that I have to help determine what may be preventing access to the HOSTS file is:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to the HOSTS file > right click on it > select Copy. This may stimulate a message that indicates what is blocking access to the file.

I will try to do this & if I will face any problem,I will again request you for ur help.
Thanx!:)

spybot fan
2005-11-24, 03:00
Thanx guys,both of you!
My problem got solved with Mozilla and deleting Yahoo bar & Yahoo anti-spy:)

Darren
2005-11-24, 03:13
i have just read your posts, should i stop using internet explorer too, do you mean Firefox mozilla?

I dont use yahoo i use google toolbar is that just as bad?

tashi
2005-11-24, 05:53
Darren.
You have an infected computer.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=2275#post2275

Please do not make any changes whilst in the middle of a fix unless asked to by the experts assisting you in the malware removal forum.

Thank you.

tashi
2005-11-24, 06:03
spybot fan,

If the problem returns please post in our malware removal forum.
Before you post a log (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288[/url)

You are running Spybot-S&D version 1.4?

Darren
2005-11-24, 06:06
Ok, thanks for the warning :bigthumb:, i have been itching to try different things, i will leave things well alone

tashi
2005-11-24, 06:09
Thanks Darren.

Once the system is clean you can ask Lonny to point you in the right direction for security suggestions. ;)

spybot fan
2005-11-25, 02:07
spybot fan,

If the problem returns please post in our malware removal forum.
Before you post a log (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288[/url)

You are running Spybot-S&D version 1.4?

Thanx Tashi for your time.
I just noticed that I am using Spybot 1.3,but I keep updating with new updates.
Should I delete Spybot 1.3 & download Spybot 1.4
Once again,thanx dear.:)

spybot fan
2005-11-25, 02:11
i have just read your posts, should i stop using internet explorer too, do you mean Firefox mozilla?

I dont use yahoo i use google toolbar is that just as bad?

Hey Darren,I am now using Mozilla firefox and its worth recommending.
I am so grateful to forum members for valuable information & helping me fix my system-which is now perfect again.

Even now I think we should not use Yahoo toolbar,but Google toolbar which I was also having never created any problem.

Happy surfing buddy,bye.

Darren
2005-11-25, 02:15
Thanks Spybotfan, but there will be no happy surfing till i get my malware problem fixed, then i will try Firefox

tashi
2005-11-25, 03:28
Hi spybot fan.
Spybot-S&D 1.4 Final.
Uninstalling Previous Spybot-S&D (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/27.html)
Spybot-S&D Version 1.4 Download (http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html)
Version 1.4 :Systems Supported (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html)
Tutorial (http://www.spybot.info/en/tutorial/index.html)

You could also install this new version right over your existing version but in order to avoid compatibility issues, please remove the following folders before:
Spybot folder\Includes\ (e.g. C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\)
Spybot folder\Updates\ (e.g. C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates\)
You will also have to update your new version using the integrated updater.

Also please read here about the GUI and an interim fix.
Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer. (Spybot-S&D V 1.4)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

Cheers. :D

spybot fan
2005-11-25, 03:46
spybot fan:

When I did all the steps as told by you, I got this list.

Up to higher level directory
File: LMHOSTS.SAM 4 KB 8/29/2002 5:00:00 AM
File: NETWORKS 1 KB 8/29/2002 5:00:00 AM
File: PROTOCOL 1 KB 8/29/2002 5:00:00 AM
File: SERVICES 7 KB 8/29/2002 5:00:00 AM
File: hosts 11/15/2005 3:06:38 PM

Do you think that I should delete this last hosts file as almost around the same date 11/15/2005 I started having problem & since last one year I never took my computer to any repair personal.I mean no one did anything on 11/15/2005 and so this may be the corrupt file.
Thanx for your time sir. :)

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-27, 15:18
spybot fan:

I thought that you indicated earlier that you had resolved your problem.

My problem got solved with Mozilla and deleting Yahoo bar & Yahoo anti-spy:)
Do not delete your HOSTS file!!!

If you think there may be a problem with your HOSTS file, there should be a sample HOSTS file in the I386 folder on your system. Copy I386\HOSTS file to your current HOSTS file.

Also, if you are not running Windows 95 have you upgraded Spybot-S&D from Spybot 1.3 to Spybot 1.4 as suggested by Tashi?